diy solar

diy solar

Batteries? Which Ones Are Reliable?

LSC

Thanks in advance. I have looked at dozens of brands of LiFePO4 batteries, I have watched all the videos that Will has produced on these batteries but most or all of them are out of my price range. I came up with a list of some that I have found that are a decent price. If anyone wouldn't mind taking a look at them and let me know if any of them you have either heard something about or have used yourself and leave a comment I would really be appreciative.

Last edited:
Sorry about that. I have done what you suggested. Wasn't sure about #8 but it seems to work. Thanks

Will Prowse, the owner of this forum, has a page on batteries you may wish to review. Plus he has lots of related videos on his Youtube channel showing battery tear downs/reviews.

Haven't bought these batteries for a while because I like to use the original cells for DIY. But I can give you a small reminder, the price of lithium batteries is actually rising, so...some too cheap batteries, maybe you need to pay attention.

Will Prowse, the owner of this forum, has a page on batteries you may wish to review. Plus he has lots of related videos on his Youtube channel showing battery tear downs/reviews.

I have seen most of his videos on tearing down and commenting on these batteries. Very useful. But the ones he does except for one is not on my list. So I am still not sure which one.

Haven't bought these batteries for a while because I like to use the original cells for DIY. But I can give you a small reminder, the price of lithium batteries is actually rising, so...some too cheap batteries, maybe you need to pay attention.
I have noticed tonight that the one battery I was wanting to buy a couple of weeks ago has gone up $130. This is sad that these sellers think that increasing their prices will make them more money, just the opposite.

Should have seen the prices for all of these 2 or 3 years ago!

The problem about doing a brand-a vs brand-b vs brand-c etc etc, is that any sort of "buzz" about them here - good or bad, tends to make prices go higher. :)

I'd say if your application is non-critical, then choose one and cross your fingers. Apply sound engineering to your build to reduce variables. I have one in that list, but I don't want to hype it out of proportion. :)

I understand. This forum is well known. I have narrowed it down to one in my list that checks most of the boxes.

Will is too focused on off grid solar. I once asked for advice on a 100 ah lead acid replacement for a ups application and never got a reply. Now a few years later I'm in urgent need of a ups battery. ?

Will is too focused on off grid solar. I once asked for advice on a 100 ah lead acid replacement for a ups application and never got a reply. Now a few years later I'm in urgent need of a ups battery. ?
How are you using the ups?

Back