diy solar

diy solar

Batteries with Anderson Powerpoles. Wiring terminal posts/studs to battery

MEN!

Hi everyone,

First time posting. Thanks very much to Will..I'm mid-build of a Sprinter conversion and your tutorials have been invaluable to a beginner like me.

The batteries I am using are (2) 200Ah LifePO4 batteries purchased through Alibaba from a company called EWT. The next step in my build is to setup the batteries and solar and connect to all my loads. But I'm having trouble working with the connections the manufacturer sent on the batteries.

The connections are Anderson Powerpole plug-n-play type connections. They seem solid and reputable, I just don't know what to do with them. Especially since I would like to wire the (2) batteries in parallel for a 12V 400Ah bank. There is an Anderson Powerpole 'splitter' connector out there but it's very expensive (like $70). Plus..after you use it to connect the two batteries in parallel, how do you connect anything else to the battery?? I thought about a distribution block but it is rated for 15/30/45A.

It seems much easier to use some regular terminal stud/poles like these. They are rated for 440A. My batteries are rated Max Continuous charge current: 50A and Max Continuous discharge current: 100A But I've never had to do something like this. Would it be as easy as cutting off the Anderson plugs and crimping on the terminal studs?

Also including some pics of my battery cells and connector:
Battery 1
Battery 2
Battery 3

Thanks very much for any advice

I think I would cut the cables and put eyelet type crimp connectors for the cost savings. But quick connect is nice, just spendy.

I think I would cut the cables and put eyelet type crimp connectors for the cost savings. But quick connect is nice, just spendy.

Eyelets directly off of the battery cell wires? Not that I disagree, I've just never seen that. It's always posts/studs. I agree quick connect seems pretty cool, but too expensive for my taste.

Back