diy solar

diy solar

Batteries

Justmakinit

Looking for advice I currently have a battery tray that will hold 12 interstate lead acid batteries what is the best way to wire them staying 12 volt as this is in a box truck conversion I get these batteries for free and can always change them out as need be.
What equipment I have already
Epever 60amp mppt
4-100w renogy panels
2-175w suntech panels
xantrex freedom sw 3012 with generator auto start
This will not be a full time rv but we do boom dock roughly a month a year more or less any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1608328502046.jpg
    FB_IMG_1608328502046.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 2
To use both sets of panels together for max efficiency, you’d need a second charge controller.

I have 1000 watts of panels now at 12 volts. If I use 40 or 50 ah of batteries, I can be charged by 11 to 12 o’clock, with the sun coming up at 7:30 and the panels pushing 15 amps at 9:30. When they push 15 amps, I allow myself to brew a single K-Cup coffee. I’ve used up to 165 AH of energy and with a good sun day, I wil be charged by about 3 pm.

Your interstate batteries are probably not true deep cell batteries. I think the lead is thin honey comb to allow for plenty of surface contact to allow energy to bleed off quickly, versus a deep cycle golf cart battery which is more like a sponge. A 12 volt interstate battery for my RV are 92 AH.

Back