diy solar

diy solar

Battery Backup for SolarEdge 3800H

TrevorD

Hello, Thanks to Will Prowse for this forum and his top notch work in this field. That said, I'm looking for the best battery backup option for me. I have a grid tied, SolarEdge 3800H with 10, 300W Seraphim Panels. I plan to add 8 more 300W panels. But first, I want to add battery back up for grid down scenarios and I'm looking for the best, most economical option for my needs. My max usage in the summer months (Florida, A/C) is under 1,500kwh/mo. I don't necessarily need to produce this much power as, again, the main purpose is for grid down scenarios, not off-grid living. But, I would like to have at least a 5kW battery and/or more depending on cost, ease of installation, longevity, etc. Any/All thoughts, suggestions, ideas would be appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited:
Did you find something? I am in similar boat. I want to put a battery backup but i cannot find it supports batteries other than from lg and solaredge. If i can put a 48v battery, it would be much better. Did you ask your installer if you got done by someone else?

Did you find something? I am in similar boat. I want to put a battery backup but i cannot find it supports batteries other than from lg and solaredge. If i can put a 48v battery, it would be much better. Did you ask your installer if you got done by someone else?
I spoke with SolarEdge. The model of inverter I have does not support battery backup. The only way I can add backup while keeping my current system is to add an "AC Coupled" system. Good Luck!

Back