diy solar

diy solar

Battery backup using SPS Secured Power Supply

Wambo

I currently have a 4.700 kWp with 20x Sharp ND-Q235C5 using a Sunny Boy 6000US grid tied with socal edison. This system was built back in 2013. I was wondering if I'm able to upgrade to a newer Sunny boy Inverter with an SPS that can power 2000w 120v outlet. I just noticed Bluetti is releasing their EP500 pro that has an input charge of 1800w using 120v outlet. I was thinking of using that as a power battery backup to run during outages and having the SPS charge it up. Is it worth going this route? What other options can you guys recommend? I don't plan on living in this home for too long and need an option that I am able to easily take with me to my next home.

I currently have a 4.700 kWp with 20x Sharp ND-Q235C5 using a Sunny Boy 6000US grid tied with socal edison. This system was built back in 2013. I was wondering if I'm able to upgrade to a newer Sunny boy Inverter with an SPS that can power 2000w 120v outlet. I just noticed Bluetti is releasing their EP500 pro that has an input charge of 1800w using 120v outlet. I was thinking of using that as a power battery backup to run during outages and having the SPS charge it up. Is it worth going this route? What other options can you guys recommend? I don't plan on living in this home for too long and need an option that I am able to easily take with me to my next home.

Late reply I know and perhaps high jacking the thread, but I was wondering if the was possible myself.

I have a new Sunny Boy 7.7 with the SPS.

It would simplify a battery back up for me if I could I could use the AC output from my two SPS outlets to charge up the batteries if the grid was down.

Add a critical loads panel a transfer switch and a 30 amp plug to hook the Bluetti(s) to and in my mind all your critical loads have power.

Now if there were only someone smater than me to confirm or deny.

Back