diy solar

diy solar

Battery cable length

nekit

Probably a stupid newby question. Couldn’t find an exact answer to my setup. I’m building a camper van with 2 -12v 280ah lifepo4 batteries. One will be mounted on each side of the van. The batteries will be in parallel for 12v 560ah. My Victron 3000w Multiplus will be on one side, so much closer to one battery. My question is will it work the close battery harder, because of less resistance(less cable). Do I need to do some kind of half way cable routing? Thanks for the help

Attachments

• Blank Landscape.pdf
    108.8 KB · Views: 9
Yes.
chapter 3 - battery bank wiring

Okay thanks for the link to wiring book. That is helpful. Now I'm trying to figure out if I can use 1/0 between the batteries and 4/0 from the batteries to the inverter. Seems like it would only be half load between them? I already have some 1/0 and it would fit better also.

I'm thinking of wiring it in the Diagonal design, but could do the Post design if that is better for some reason.

Thanks for the help.
Rob
Battery cables.jpg

I would go diagonal. I assume you have bought the inverter.... or I would suggest going 24v.

I would go diagonal. I assume you have bought the inverter.... or I would suggest going 24v.
If you go diagonal you can use 1 fuse.
If you go posts you should use 1 fuse per battery.
The benefit of posts is its easier to add additional batteries.

Back