diy solar

diy solar

Battery charger for lifepo batteries before series wiring.

Electrobob

I have 2 12v 100 amp SOK lifepo batteries that I want to charge up separately to 100% before wiring together in series. I don’t have a battery charger though and I have looked at many battery chargers. There are a ton of cheap Amazon chargers, all seem meant for lead acid and mostly made by Schumacher, that no one seems to have had any good luck with. Then there are the samlex and victron chargers which are too expensive. What does the community recommend for a decent charger that won’t destroy either my battery or wallet? Thanks!

I have 2 12v 100 amp SOK lifepo batteries that I want to charge up separately to 100% before wiring together in series. I don’t have a battery charger though and I have looked at many battery chargers. There are a ton of cheap Amazon chargers, all seem meant for lead acid and mostly made by Schumacher, that no one seems to have had any good luck with. Then there are the samlex and victron chargers which are too expensive. What does the community recommend for a decent charger that won’t destroy either my battery or wallet? Thanks!
A 10 amp at 30v power supply will work fine, and is under $60.
Put them in parallel and charge at 13.8v until current drops under an amp, then set voltage to 14.6v and let it charge until current drops to zero (BMS should disconnect).

Once in series the same power supply can charge again with just a change to the voltage.

Last edited:
Back