diy solar

diy solar

Battery charger for SOK battery bank

Master of None
I have three SOK 100 ah's with a forth coming in late Aug. / Sept. These will power a Magnum 2812 inverter charger in my travel trailer. I'd like to have/keep a spare charger in case of inverter failure while I'm out and about. I like something at least 10 amps. I'm not schooled on such things and haven't seem any mention here. What would be a reliable charger that wouldn't contribute too much to my ever increasing budget for this install?

Does anyone have any recommendations?

No solar at this time. The plan is to start with the battery bank and inverter and see what my needs are. A simple 110 charger to carry with me is what I'm looking for at this time.

I have three SOK 100 ah's with a forth coming in late Aug. / Sept. These will power a Magnum 2812 inverter charger in my travel trailer. I'd like to have/keep a spare charger in case of inverter failure while I'm out and about. I like something at least 10 amps. I'm not schooled on such things and haven't seem any mention here. What would be a reliable charger that wouldn't contribute too much to my ever increasing budget for this install?

Does anyone have any recommendations?
Victron Blue Smart. I use this on my four 100ah SOK batteries, and it works perfect. It cost a bit more, but you can feel confident to just plug it in and walk away, and know it will do the job. 12V only, so you will need to charge each battery one at a time. It quick though.

I purchased this 20 Amp charger and am generally happy with it. They offer other ones with less amperage output as well.

THEPRO 12V 20A LifePO4 Battery Charger 14.6V Smart Charger and Maintainer for LiFePO4 Lithium-Iron Deep Cycle Rechargeable Batteries https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Q3NVBG3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_M79QHGEEBG8ZR0FM7S47
I ended up ordering the 15 amp version of this charger. This will be an affordable option for my needs. Or hopefully, for my lack of need. I can use it to insure my SOK batteries are fully charged at the beginning of my installation. Thus, insuring it works properly. Then pack it away in the trailer and hopefully never use it again. Except maybe to use it to help someone else.

Back