diy solar

diy solar

Battery Charger -> House -> DC/DC Charger -> Lithium?

around 13,6 -13.7 and I set the CC to 5A ( they get too hot other wise , so if the battery discharges the draw from the Li is set to 5A max) most f the time little current flows as the starter is rarely depleted ( nothing else runs from the starter other then the starter relay , glow plugs and the starter itself ) , my next rewire will change the engine panel to be powered from the domestics
May have to pick one of those up. At 4 bucks thats a bargain.
relay based battery disconnects , around $100 for 500A a bit less $80 for 200A, used as BMS disconnects , just showing thir are good alternatives to things with "marine " stamped on them, but I should have posted that in the other thread
is that a method of charging a lithium without frying your alternator?

May have to pick one of those up. At 4 bucks thats a bargain.
get a few , never buy one of anything Chinese !!!
is that a method of charging a lithium without frying your alternator?
no , the alternator must be shutdown in advance by its field coil control before you abruptly disconnect the Li battery , APDs can get around that issue but then you really need a slave disconnect immediately on the alternator output that triggers just before the main Li disconnect

as i said elsewhere make all your Li charge sources with remote disconnects . the BMS should disconnect these sources well before HVC safeties are triggered

Thats damn clever so what setting do you put the thing at to trickle charge your starter?
note : for a starter battery application add an external chunky diode and set the convertor voltage to compensate for the diode drop . There are a range of nasty spikes on the starter circuit that can affect the outputs of these ( some already have a diode some dont )

@mikeboatboy - Tekonsha Tow Charger 2024-07 It's actually a .8 amp charger. I read it wrong. 2A is max input draw.
It's been good as a maintenance charger for 6 months now.

Back