diy solar

diy solar

Battery compatibility issue (SOFAR , SEPLOS , lifepo4)

VVIRGILE

Hi dear Forum
Here is my installation short description
  • SOFAR HYD3000 ES (last firmware 3.5)
  • 12 solar panels (2MPPT)
  • BMS seplos 150A 16S lifepo4
  • 16 batteries lifepo4 280 Ah
No load wired on inverter , only gris , PV ,batteries . No injection on the grid

My story :
Formerly I had LEAD ACID batteries (4x12V) and the inverter worked very well (Setup un DEFAULT batteries).
I've decided to upgrade my storage system and I bought 16S lifepo4 batteries with BMS seplos (https://www.seplos.com/sale-1370672...ring-system-battery-management-system-wi.html) , as I describe above.
I made the wiring with the CANBUS . You can note than I can read the informations from the BMS to the INVERTER , so I consider the canbus works well. (GENERAL LITHIUM setup)
When I turn on the batteries , the inverter shows an ID05* alam and try to "reboot" during 60 seconds , after 60 s , ID05 , reboot ,60s , ID05 .....
So I decided to set up INVERTER in DEFAULT Mode, I set all different limits of voltage and current . When I turn on the batteries , the inverter shows an ID05 alarm ....the same scenario.
I check the limits setting up in the INVERTER and the overprotection LIMIT (58V) is above the voltage of the batteries (53.4V)
I don't know what is going wrong
By chance , I've made a test : During the 60S reboot , I shut down the grid , the inverter goes in EPS statut ,(the batteries are connected : GENERAL LITHIUM setup). All the power of the PV goes to the batteries , and the batteries charge very well.
Note : I disconnected all loads on the inverter , only grid , pv , is connecter
To conclude, batteries works only in eps statut ...I don't understand why
there is an ID05 , overvoltage alarm even when the voltage of batteries is under the limites setting up on the inverter

*ID05 : BatOVP , The battery voltage is too high , If the alarm occurs occasionally, wait a while to see if the problem is solved. If the alarm occurs frequently, check whether the battery overvoltage setting is inconsistent with the battery specification

Have any idea about this alam ? Where does it come from ?

thank you for reading me
BR
VV

I have two questions. Did you contact the Sofar support? What is the inverter you have? I know the HYD EP series, but you mentioned the one you own is HYD 3000 ES. Is this your inverter?

Hi, Yes I contacted sofar support in Asia , and after many email the answer is always : battery incompatible (that mean noting)
and my inverter is HYD3000 ES

Back