diy solar

diy solar

Battery configuration to increase V & AH

My recommendation is to keep them round, so you can make them spin. That way, you don't wind up with an annoyed general ordering you to "make it spin."
Because "spinning is so much cooler than not spinning."

Are you not getting the reference? If so, I bet you could come up with it in an internet search.
The answer to your question is: not very much.

There appears to be such an array of answers so that makes me even more confused! I think I'm savvy enough to understand that my 8 x 200ah LiFePO4 cells gives me 200ah at 24v in series.
My next question is this. My MPPT hybrid inverter / charger has 3 battery type charge settings. AGM, FLOODED AND USER DEFINED. The default settings to bulk charge are 28.2v and float charge 27.0v. My batteries can be charged to 29.2v Full charge but it is not recommended to keep the batteries in full charge. Correct?
Can anyone suggest proper settings to keep my batteries for longevity? The MPPT scc seller told me to set both my bulk and float charge at 29.2v...This is definitely not correct...please chip in with good settings. Thanks again people :)

I use a Midnite Classic 200 Solar Controller, here are my settings.
Absorb: 28.2 for 15 minutes
Equalize: OFF
Float 27.9V
MIn Volts: 22.0 Max Volts: 28.7
Rebulk Voltage: 27.7
End Amps: 14A

This get's the bank charged to full with high amps (Constant Current) and then float (Constant Voltage) tops off so the cells are on average between 3.475-3.500. I am running 7/24/365 so float is used up by the Inverter + provides whatever the packs will take to top off.

PLEASE look at the Links in my Signature, including about My System which has config paras for my gear and much more.
Steve_S

Back