diy solar

diy solar

Battery connection.

bushi12

I'm wanting to connect my 16s48v 280ah pack like this. My problem is the buss bars sent don't work that way. I've searched threads and see plating copper. I'd rather not do that. My question is would it hurt to just make a short wire with connectors for this. Say 4ga size?20211009_130109.jpg

Say 4ga size?
From your post there is no indication of planned current draw or charging current.
Not sure what your problem is
buss bars sent don't work that way
Why not buy 1/8" x 1" x 12" copper bus bars from acdcwireandsupply and make some that will "work that way".

The wire for this would need to match the ampacity of what you expect. That size wire tends to be pretty thick. The wire equivalent of a 1/8” busbar which handles 200 amps of current is 2/0 to 4/0.

Honestly wish someone sold busbars for different cells, but any for sale I have not seen the one you describe.

You can cut out on cardboard a pattern to drill the busbar. I’m not saying this is the best way to do this at your house, but here is my thread on making and nickel plating bus bars out of copper bar:

Takes me a half day to make a set of busbars start to finish. Someone mentioned he pounded a copper bar flat with a hammer to make his busbars, so he did not have to wait for the bar to show up. Locally copper pipe was available for me, but the copper flats had been “wiped out” locally from the supplier. Took me 7 days off E-Bay to get my bar.

From your post there is no indication of planned current draw or charging current.
Not sure what your problem is

Why not buy 1/8" x 1" x 12" copper bus bars from acdcwireandsupply and make some that will "work that way".
I just finished top balancing them. I'm wanting to hook them up this way instead of a long 16cell line . They will be in a system that has 2 LV6548 eventually 4 and 15 440watt pv eventually 40. And 2 16s2p 280ah batteries eventually more. I didn't wanna wait for buss bars either. I have access to any wire I need. Just didn't wanna go to small.

I just finished top balancing them. I'm wanting to hook them up this way instead of a long 16cell line . They will be in a system that has 2 LV6548 eventually 4 and 15 440watt pv eventually 40. And 2 16s2p 280ah batteries eventually more. I didn't wanna wait for buss bars either. I have access to any wire I need. Just didn't wanna go to

The wire for this would need to match the ampacity of what you expect. That size wire tends to be pretty thick. The wire equivalent of a 1/8” busbar which handles 200 amps of current is 2/0 to 4/0.

Honestly wish someone sold busbars for different cells, but any for sale I have not seen the one you describe.

You can cut out on cardboard a pattern to drill the busbar. I’m not saying this is the best way to do this at your house, but here is my thread on making and nickel plating bus bars out of copper bar:

Takes me a half day to make a set of busbars start to finish. Someone mentioned he pounded a copper bar flat with a hammer to make his busbars, so he did not have to wait for the bar to show up. Locally copper pipe was available for me, but the copper flats had been “wiped out” locally from the supplier. Took me 7 days off E-Bay to get my bar.
Thanks for the link! I was just looking for the quick and easy. Guess I need to slow my roll.

Back