diy solar

diy solar

Battery damaged and possibly leaking

sw25481

I had some bad luck and it seems my second batch of LiFePo4 cells were damaged while being shipped. The supplier immediately offered to sort it.

Two of the batteries were crushed in the corner and obviously will need to be replaced. What I could do with some advice about is the others. 9 of the batteries (including one of the crushed ones) has discoloration around the pressure relief valves as if they have weeped a very small amount of fluid. I do not see this at all on my first batch or the other 7 batteries in the order, (including one that was crushed). Other than the fluid these batteries seem visually undamaged and the window does not feel different to the unblemished ones. The voltages are as expected and while the sides are not ruler flat I would not say there was any evidence of bulging

Is this something that just happens or do these batteries need replacing as well?

BatteryWeep.jpeg

BatteryCrush.jpeg

Other than the fluid these batteries seem visually undamaged and the window does not feel different to the unblemished ones. The voltages are as expected and while the sides are not ruler flat I would not say there was any evidence of bulging

Is this something that just happens or do these batteries need replacing as well?
I would guess that they might have spent some time upside-down in a warm truck, container, or warehouse. I probably wouldn't be concerned with that small amount. As long as they tested fine.

Back