diy solar

diy solar

Battery Full EPEver MPPT light status VS battery Meter MT50

waylotul

I got help getting my battery meter Connected and the shunt installed correctly.

Now I have some confusion about conflicting information from the devices. I read the manuals.

Which sensor to trust for accuracy?

My MPPT has two Green LEDs both flash slowly when full charge is reached.

My Renogy RMB500 was about 3 to 4 percent off at 97%. While the EPVER MPPT has two flashing lights indicating full.
The RMB500 eventually read out at 100% but the MPPT had been showing two flashing lights for over an hour indicating FULL.

This is kinda scary Please help understand this

Did you program both controllers the same in all parameters ? One could think it's done at a lower voltage to lengthen life cycles or vise versa..... Just seen no response. Make sure both are programed equal and the battery is compatible on both. Hope this helps.

Did you program both controllers the same in all parameters ? One could think it's done at a lower voltage to lengthen life cycles or vise versa..... Just seen no response. Make sure both are programed equal and the battery is compatible on both. Hope this helps.
There is not programming of the parameters in the battery meter so no.

No not the battery meter I mean the epever charge control and the renogy one. I have an mt50 with my epever and yes you can program what the battery charges, I was assuming your renogy had the ability to do so also but if your now comparing a charge controller to an actual meter then I no longer know what your asking.

I just looked the renogy is a charge controller and so is your epever you asked which one is more accurate and say to me that your meter isn't programmable....... No thier not but your charge controllers are make sure thier programed the same as I said before.

Sorry, Darn it. Well hopefully someone smarter sees us trying. Have a great day.

Back