diy solar

diy solar

battery grid feedback

Interesting discussion (I tried to read and follow it all).

For some of us the cost/payback isn't a factor and we just want to be able to have power when the grid is down...

I didn't see this posted before in this thread but while reading this thread I remembered seeing that Sol-Ark is promoting Virtual Power Plant (VPP) solutions on their website:

I am not particularly interested in VPP at this time (and likely not an option here in Texas anyway) but since I remembered seeing that I figured I would share it here in this thread...

I didn't see this posted before in this thread but while reading this thread I remembered seeing that Sol-Ark is promoting Virtual Power Plant (VPP) solutions on their website:
The concept of VPPs is to support the grid from aggregated batteries. It could prevent some grid down situations.

The concept of VPPs is to support the grid from aggregated batteries. It could prevent some grid down situations.
Yeah I had read about it awhile back for groups of Tesla powerwall owners and focused mainly in a few states.

This thread seemed to discuss about individual owner Sol-Arks being able to export to grid but that link above was the first time I had seen Sol-Ark advertise it (for at least those 4 States) for something in aggregate across multiple Sol-Ark owners...

Last edited:
An update on my quest. I did find a new inverter that more or less allows me to do what I wanted, mostly the ability to export to the grid from the battery. Megarevo. There is a threat on that for more details on it. Priced similarly to Deye, appears well-built. The only serious issue is the firmware is a work in progress and still requires much further development. Also, it only works with specific Li batteries as BMS feedback is required (unclear which ones). The only workaround is to use the Pb-acid profile and tweak it.

Back