diy solar

diy solar

Battery Monitor

charlie22824

Hello, Everyone! Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays.

This is what I'm trying to figure out. I have two 12v 400ah EG4 LiFePo4 batteries so a total of 800ah of capacity for my RV. I can't seem to find a battery monitor that goes past 500ah. besides the Victron one that is like $250. Is there any other decent battery monitors that y'all could recommend or should I just get the Victron one.

Only use one battery bank monitor on the whole bank.

Victron BMV712 or Victron Smartshunt will work great.

Right now mine is set at 521Ah.

Here are the differences:
The BMV712 has a remote display- I found I never used it - I always used my phone, the App and Bluetooth. It also has a relay that can be set for certain events.

The Smartshunt is cheaper, no display, and the Bluetooth range is much lower - I need to be within 6’ or so to get a good signal.
Good Luck

I have only ever purchased & used Victron BM712 Smart.

I really like them, & have had 3 of them.

The BM712 Smart has more features than the Smartshunt IIRC.

Only use one battery bank monitor on the whole bank.

Victron BMV712 or Victron Smartshunt will work great.

Right now mine is set at 521Ah.

Here are the differences:
The BMV712 has a remote display- I found I never used it - I always used my phone, the App and Bluetooth. It also has a relay that can be set for certain events.

The Smartshunt is cheaper, no display, and the Bluetooth range is much lower - I need to be within 6’ or so to get a good signal.
Good Luck
thank you

The juntech battery monitor goes up to 600 amps but the shunt I got was actually a 750 amp shunt. It also has two connections on each side of the shunt ideal for your twin batteries, has a nice display and a good bluetooth app.

Back