diy solar

diy solar

Battery options

johnnie321

Hello oh great hive mind.

I am currently living in south eastern Mexico, right outside of Tulum. I have two 6000 W inverters in parallel, with 8600 watts of solar. I’m looking to replace my existing batteries (which are a mess) with new batteries, and was looking for recommendations. No matter what I get, they will most likely need to be from shipped from China, so AliExpress here I come.

I was looking at two options:
2 x 300 ah - 48 V rackmount Wellsun batteries.
8 x 100 ah - 48 V lithium iron phosphate DIXSG batteries.

I’m very confused whether or not I can put 8 x 48 V batteries in parallel to give me the amp hours I want, or if my only safe option is to spend 2 to 3 times as much money and do rackmount with communication.

Please let me know what you think, and if you’d like more information.

Fuse would need to be at or lower than the wire ampacity. Battery capacity for discharge is fine. Although I like to keep things tight so if the maximum draw from inverters is half the battery capacity I might go a little less like 75%. No need to have a combined 800 amps into the bus if the inverters only pull 300 amps.

Fuse would need to be at or lower than the wire ampacity. Battery capacity for discharge is fine. Although I like to keep things tight so if the maximum draw from inverters is half the battery capacity I might go a little less like 75%. No need to have a combined 800 amps into the bus if the inverters only pull 300 amps.
Great point, thanks. I will be sure to order them!

Back