diy solar

diy solar

Battery Prices

Hey all,
I just sold my RV and gave my LifePo4 system with it. I am looking at making a solar generator and am seeing unbelievable prices on Aliexpress. $117 for 100AH shipped and due September 30th! I've also seen 280AH batteries around $300 shipped but due November 27th.
My questions are these: Have prices really gone down this much? I see other batteries just as high as when I purchased. Also, has anybody bought and used these? They claim to be new and grade "a". It almost seems to good to be true.

What he said.

None of that sounds appropriate for the current pricing in seeing.

You need to be sure you're identifying whether the price is per cell, or for a lot of cells, as well as if it is a complete battery (case, bms, cells, etc) or not.

This is a link to one of the batteries I am looking at. This one does not claim Grade A but some I have seen do. This is a link claiming 280AH Grade A:

The ads straight up say 4 pieces.

I've bought from Battery Hookup .com and I got what was advertised within a week. I was going to recommend 25 ah TopBand Prismatics Cells, but those have sold out. There are other 32 ah batteries on that site built complete.

From ali, I have been waiting three months for my delivery of 16 individual 280 ah cells, and this typically takes 4 months.

Four, 320 Ah cells + busbars, no BMS, $300.
That is possible. Think it is low. But how much delivered?
People do have trouble with sellers and product quality/condition.

This is a link to one of the batteries I am looking at. This one does not claim Grade A but some I have seen do. This is a link claiming 280AH Grade A:

Yes. It says as much.

However this is an insanely low price and is almost certainly a scam or junk cells.

Four, 320 Ah cells + busbars, no BMS, $300.
That is possible. Think it is low. But how much delivered?
People do have trouble with sellers and product quality/condition.
As I understand it 320ah cells don't even exist, not really. If you do get 320ah it's just a good quality 302ah cell but shouldn't actually be rated that high.

I've been wrong before though.

As for getting them for 300 USD, sure. If shipping wasn't included in that price.

Both of those stores opened in Aug 2021.... these are probably some of the sellers that close down one store and open another once the heat on them gets too great.
No way I would buy from those sellers .... or even Aliexpress in general.
If you look for the cheap price, the likelyhood of getting absolute junk is very high.

Scam...

If you're going to get anything at all, it will be old/used/damaged cells.

Recently there seems to be a flood of new sellers selling batteries at low prices.

They all share

- New shops, no feedback
- Recently registered
- All with names like xxxx store or similar (4-digit storename)

Current bulk cell prices (per cell) (approx)
100Ah = $35-40
280Ah = $85-$100

Anything cheaper should trigger the red flag. Also, prices don't include shipping, and there is no such thing as free shipping.

Matched cells are more expensive.

For cells, Aliexpress is a no-go for me. It's either scam, damaged cells / overrated capacity, or you might be very very lucky.

Go for a decent seller, specialized in batteries with good reputation on Alibaba. Not some dude who happens to get some cells and cell them without any knowledge.

A good suggestion, especially if you're looking for fully matched prices, is Amy (Luyuan)

Last edited:
Awesome feedback. Thanks all. I was wondering if anyone had taken a chance and what the results were. The other very curious thing is the 100AH are deliverable in Sept. All the other batteries on all the other sites are saying Nov. 27.

I think I will definately avoid these.

Back