diy solar

diy solar

Battery Rec needed- Go local? Buy online?

LunarEstates

Yet another battery rec.

Im currently using FLA batteries and they need to be replaced.
I have (8) 6V 370ah FLA batteries.

I am thinking of switching to LiFePo4 and buying a new MPPT charge controller and using my existing magnum 4024 inverter.

Question:

I can find a SimpliPhi 3.8kWh 24v battery locally for $2700 each (new) I would get 3x of these and beef up the battery bank slightly since two of them would be a slight decrease in battery bank

OR

I see things like signature solar's EG4 5.12kWh 24v battery for $1500 and I could get 2 of those and save a ton of money.

What am I missing here? Whats with the big price difference. Are SimpliPhi batteries better quality? are they THAT much better?? Am I overthinking it?

Thanks in advance

SimpliPhi is made in the USA..

Not sure where the EG4 is made, but I'm going to guess probably China (you should check on that).. which means I wouldn't even consider it myself, but that's just my opinion.

Or you can build a 15 kWh battery with first class components in a few hours for about $2600.
For starters my wife won’t let me no matter how much I’d like to totally DIY it.

2nd with all the supply chain issues and shipping issues right now, I’d like to avoid a major headache.

So for now building my own is not in the cards

Back