diy solar

diy solar

BATTERY SELLERS - THE GOOD, BAD, UGLY -- or Jenny (DOCAN) so far so good ...

If you configure a 16s pack, that's 280Ah at 51.2V nominal - 14kWh. A 0.5C discharge is about 7kW. Not that out of the ordinary - of course your pack will be empty after two hours.

Or more ;-)
A teenager in an electric shower can hit it harder than that...

Alright just finished up my order from Jenny Wu! Ordered 16x EVE 280Ah cells from Texas. Received about a week later from UPS. All cells looked great except 1 - dent in the side, looked like it had been dropped before packing. The packaging was fine, so it wasn't damaged in shipping. I told Jenny (all communication was over Alibaba messenger), and she ended up sending another cell free of charge, which arrived yesterday, and is in great shape. I highly recommend Jenny, Docan and ordering from Texas.

I just receive my eve cells (16 LF280K) from Docan, i use the QR code to check then, it say that was manufacture 1 year ago (april/may 2021), this is a problem?

All cells looks good, they arrive at perfect condition, i test the voltage on all cells and show 3.29 volts, i need do discharge test but i don't have the equipment right now.

EDIT: Volts

Last edited:
I am half way through testing my 32 EVE LF280K Grade A cells connecting in 4S (12v Nom.) batches. (Bought privately in Australia from Chinese importer)
Ist battery batch 4S 271 A/H
2nd " " " 275 "
3rd " " " 279 "
4th " " " 271 "
Using a TAO BMS @ 110A (roughly 0.4C) (after top balance)
So a bit down on advertised A/H
Am going to compare with Victron BMV712 Smart on next test set up)
Cheers - Leigh
FYI. A Grade EVE LF280K should be above 289AH(3-5%) at 0.5C when new. (the first few cycles at least)
290-295 would be considered an A grade. I wouldn't worry too much though, as 99% of cells sold are not A-grade anyway. Those cells are 50% more expensive and are NOT available to consumers like all of us in the DIY market.
EVE is starting to sell their cells with a B engraved onto the QR code to try to protect the end consumer.
They started making them with a B maybe a month ago.

Those cells are 50% more expensive and are NOT available to consumers like all of us in the DIY market.
They absolutely are. if you order from sunfunkits in the US, those are true EV grade/Grade A cells, same if you order from Amy @ Luyuan.

They absolutely are. if you order from sunfunkits in the US, those are true EV grade/Grade A cells, same if you order from Amy @ Luyuan.
If this is true then we will see unmarked cells A grade cells manufactured after 1st June and B cells with a "B". Will this be helpful? Going to be a lot of "C" grade cells with "B" on them for the fake market.

Last edited:
Folks, just to report back now that I've gotten a month of use on my new battery in my RV I'm very pleased with the cells I received (280Ah LF280K x 4) from Jenny and Docan.

I didn't even bother top balancing these when I got them, and they've been sitting happily at 0.003v delta across the cells after numerous (<25) discharge / charge cycles, including going to zero a couple of times and 100% several more.
I'm using the passive balancer on my JBD BMS and it's having no problems keeping the cells balanced so far.

How high do you charge them? Above 3.4v?
Yes. That actual charge voltage varies depending what is charging them - 60A DC-DC charger off the alternator while driving vs the old Freedom 20 house charger/inverter @ 100A. But both are set above 3.4.

I also have my JDB 200A BMS set to balance all the time, not just when charging.

State of charge under 3.4 is impossible to determine so the balancer will shift electrons around unbalancing the cells for the slightest variations.

I just got guided but other people experiences here in the forum, i did what they did, and got same results, received my 16 batteries from Docan warehouse in Houston thru UPS in 5 business days, after getting back and forth with Jenny Wu several times by email and transfering the money to a Honk Kong bank. No issues whatsoever. Very happy with my experience with Docan and happy to have saved $100 for not going thru Alibaba.
The reason we go with Docan is to save money, otherwise i will have got battleborn batteries at twice the price with American warranty.
Got another 16 Docan batteries for a friend today out of Houston following same route. Same results like last time, delivered by UPS in 5 business days.
I will say that by now, Docan is reliable. Don`t know about tomorrow, but so far, so good.
Having a warehouse in TX make them even better, no Chinese vendor deliver Lipefo4 batteries for this price in 5 business days that i know off. And being able to communicate with them in English (and receiving ups tracking by email) is a plus.
If somebody knows better, (or have had a bad experience with Docan shipping, handling or the batteries itself), please go ahead and let us know. Everybody will benefit from the experience.
We are here to share experiences, good or bad, that`s the idea. When something is good, we all can profit from it, when bad, we can save time, money and anger also from other people experiences.

Last edited:
Hi, got my 16 cells from Jenny Wu (Dockan) after three months to Sweden. I pressed them together. Looks like swollen? Is it normal? IMG_20220707_142559332.jpg

QR code of the cell 2nd from left says :

EVE LF280K
Production date 27/12/2021
given the production date and shipping time i would think it highly doubtful these were ever used..
Cool where can I scan them? Dom I need to worry about the swollen? One is more swollen than the others ones. If they are not used does it matter much IF a litle swollen?

Cool where can I scan them? Dom I need to worry about the swollen? One is more swollen than the others ones. If they are not used does it matter much IF a litle swollen?
I think those look fine. What I can see is a relatively small amount of swelling. Although I would not be as happy with it, I'd go ahead and use it. In all likelihood it will perform just fine.

The swelling caused by high current charging / discharging or overcharging would probably be more pronounced, and would be something to worry more about. Yours are fine.

there's a android app that does the scanning and identifing

the swollen part i am not sure off.. these cells can swell a bit, depending on their state of charge..
i would report it to jenny for sure though

Back