diy solar

diy solar

BATTERY SELLERS - THE GOOD, BAD, UGLY -- or Jenny (DOCAN) so far so good ...

Just one of the middle ones is a little swollen looks like. There should be a few mm gap normally. I wouldn't worry unless you see actual damage like a dent.

Hi, got my 16 cells from Jenny Wu (Dockan) after three months to Sweden. I pressed them together. Looks like swollen? Is it normal? View attachment 101646
I buy from docan in usa warehouse, and more or less they looks like this, i just discharge then to 2.6 volts and the swollen almost dissapear, i am compressing then 4 at a time and charge then.

Two packades was a litle damaged. And i can see at One cell it got a mark. Can it affect anything? IMG_20220629_233921438.jpgScreenshot_20220707-201636.png

Great thanks!!! I'm totally off grid in Cabo San Lucas, MX. Can run three mini-split 18000 AC's from 9 to 5 but....I'm lacking battery power (48v setup). I'm just glad prices have not gone out of control since January 2022.

Industry standard for capacity measurement for this type of battery has always been a ten hour discharge, or 0.1C if you prefer.

If you wish to fully discharge over only two hours, that is fine, but don't expect to be able to reach the published rated capacity measured over ten hours.
Try 28 amps discharge for testing a 280Ah rated cell and see how that goes.

If you are consistently discharging at 140 amps, it really requires a larger battery, if you expect a really long battery life, but that is a completely separate issue.
where did you get this test rate? Everyone that I have spoken to at EVE official store all said the battery test is done at .5 C when they are tested at the factroy.

I think their team rotates on Alibaba. I ordered through @Jenny Wu directly and did not have an Alibaba fee. There was a paypal fee, but I could have paid with a wire transfer to save that. I chose to use the credit card through paypal anyways. I think paying with a credit card on paypal does cost a business more, so I understand the fee. I started on Alibaba but it was confusing as to what product I was actually looking at. That is also why it's important that if you have been working with somebody directly, and then choose to order through Alibaba, you find their individual contact page or have them link it to you. Otherwise my understanding is the order basically goes to somebody that doesn't necessarily know what you've been working on with your contact.
How much is the shipping cost?

Hi, super New Guy here. I contacted Jenny from Docan and am set to by 4 230AH EVE cells. The invoice has a $25 PayPal fee and the paypal address listed is energy2021@yeah.com !! I don't want to ship $500 off to a scammer. Does that seem right to those of you that have bought from her?

Hi, super New Guy here. I contacted Jenny from Docan and am set to by 4 230AH EVE cells. The invoice has a $25 PayPal fee and the paypal address listed is energy2021@yeah.com !! I don't want to ship $500 off to a scammer. Does that seem right to those of you that have bought from her?
yeah.net or yeah.com? the dot com pulls up garbage. Wow how sketchy.

SparkyJJO is right, it's yeah.net, not .com. I guess I'll go ahead with the order. I'm in I.T. and I would feel so disappointed in myself if I got scammed!!! :D

Back