diy solar

diy solar

BATTERY SELLERS - THE GOOD, BAD, UGLY -- or Jenny (DOCAN) so far so good ...

Alibaba is by far the safest bet, although you pay a premium.
They act as middleman, an agency to connect sellers with customers.

They receive the payment, and only release it to the seller when the buyer has received the goods.
The seller knows payment has been made and is being held.
The buyer knows they are guaranteed delivery.

If you buy direct from a seller over the internet, cash up front, all you can do is hope you actually receive something.

But why?

I used jennywu896@gmail.com back in April. Granted I paid through alibaba, not PayPal.

I can only speculate that PayPal freezes their accounts, it appears that is what happened when I paid them. Originally they wanted me to wire them the funds because of an issue with their PayPal account and when I declined they got another PayPal account that I made my final payment to but when I paid PayPal said the funds would be released in 6 months (180 days), I got my batteries and either they worked out the issue with PayPal or got their funds released in 180 days.

PayPal does that sort of stuff, freezes and account and says they'll give you your money in 180 days and nothing you can do about it.
So people just create a new account and hope PayPal doesn't freeze that one too. PayPal won't tell you why

I figured it’d be something like that. They also commented they couldn’t process a PayPal payment.

I was able to use a CC via alibaba that had the same fee as a PayPal option I saw no difference in risk.

The invoice she sent me said "Payment Term: Paypal . 100%fully paid before shipping." So far it seems OK. I feel much better that I have the same e-mail for her as everyone else.

Hello
I'm in the same boat. I contacted Jenny Wu by email and received an invoice to pay directly by PayPal to avoid VAT.
Do you guys went through the same process and received your batteries ? Can I count on any purchase protection from PayPal by proceeding this way ? I don't see how PayPal would be able to link the money sent to the invoice received from Docan ...

Last edited:
Hello
I'm in the same boat. I contacted Jenny Wu by email and received an invoice to pay directly by PayPal to avoid VAT.
Do you guys went through the same process and received your batteries ? Can I count on any purchase protection from PayPal by proceeding this way ? I don't see how PayPal would be able to link the money sent to the invoice received from Docan ...
as long as you're not paying friends & family , you should be fine.
docan has delivered a bunch of cells, and jenny seems to try her best to do everyone right.

Hello
I have had a PayPal invoice sent ..... Not by Jenny Wu .... it registered as a purchase and didn't avoid fees.
Not sure how they would send an invoice and then try to call it a friends and family transfer.

I did paypal with Amy from Docan. There was an extra fee for something. I could have done a bank transfer but didn't want to hassle. Everything was fine.

I've ordered twice, so far, from Jenny at Docan. Both times I had no issues.
Based on my positive experiences and other good feedback here I may even do a wire transfer for my next order; then again I know how my 'luck' is...

Good day. In general I wanted to thank you and this forum for the provided contact to Jenny Wu.

Furthermore, I have contacted Jenny Wu regarding an offer about 16 x LiFePO4 - EVE, 280Ah, Grade A. She replied they currently have the following in stock: 16 x CATL 280Ah (LF280 according to the pdf) for around 123 USD per cell, incl. shipping, excl. transaction fees.

I have attached the pdf as I couldn't find the specs for the constant discharge rate which is usually specified as 0.5C or 1C ... Maybe I'm blind or they use another terminology.

Also, do you see any red flags about this offer?

Thank you so much and best regards.

Attachments

• CATL LF280 280Ah 3.2V.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:
She replied they currently have the following in stock: 16 x CATL 180Ah (LF280 according to the pdf) for around 123 USD incl. shipping, excl. transaction fees.
I would ask her for clarification. There is a big difference between 180 Ahr and 280 Ahr cells. Even though the PDF name is LF280 the CATL model number is CB310 and the PDF has CATL logo on the PDF.
I do not see the offer you are referring to? I only see a PDF with the wrong name. An offer usually spells out the quantity, a clear description of the product, the terms and an exact price instead of "around 123 USD"..

Last edited:
I would ask her for clarification. There is a big difference between 180 Ahr and 280 Ahr cells. Even though the PDF name is LF280 the CATL model number is CB310 and the PDF has CATL logo on the PDF.
I do not see the offer you are referring to? I only see a PDF with the wrong name. An offer usually spells out the quantity, a clear description of the product, the terms and an exact price instead of "around 123 USD"..
"180" was a typo. Sorry my bad. I fixed it.
Its not a real offer yet. This is just what she replied in the email.
In general, I am ok with CATL

In general, I am ok with CATL
CATL is a well respected company that may be larger than EVE. When I first started looking for cells two years ago I had never even heard of EVE. I could not find any reputable sellers of CATL cells so I went with EVE. They have been in service almost two years now and I am happy.

CATL is a well respected company that may be larger than EVE. When I first started looking for cells two years ago I had never even heard of EVE. I could not find any reputable sellers of CATL cells so I went with EVE. They have been in service almost two years now and I am happy.
CATL is the world's largest automotive battery company. They supply the LFP batteries that go into roughly half of Tesla's cars (though Tesla is supposed to add BYD as a second LFP supplier any day now). They also supply VW, BMW, Nio and others. The cells we can buy are probably the auto company rejects, though. And it's not like CATL will refund us if the cells don't measure up. So I'm not sure how much it matters that top tier carmakers use their batteries.

CATL is the world's largest automotive battery company. They supply the LFP batteries that go into roughly half of Tesla's cars (though Tesla is supposed to add BYD as a second LFP supplier any day now). They also supply VW, BMW, Nio and others. The cells we can buy are probably the auto company rejects, though. And it's not like CATL will refund us if the cells don't measure up. So I'm not sure how much it matters that top tier carmakers use their batteries.
CATL does not sell automotive grade cells to non automotive customers...
at all

doesnt mean you'll get bad cells though

I have attached the pdf as I couldn't find the specs for the constant discharge rate which is usually specified as 0.5C or 1C ... Maybe I'm blind or they use another terminology.

Thank you for your feedback.

I would like to draw attention to this concern again. I still don't know how much current I could drain from the battery. This is usually stated as "C" like here:
LFP Guide (see "Higher Power | Discharge Rate | Current Limit") or here Docan Technology shop @alibaba (see PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS table)

But in the pdf provided they say under 2.3.2 Maximum discharge power (continuous): 0.5P
Is that the same as "max constant discharge current 0.5C" ?

Also according to the pdf under 2.1.4 Impedance (1KHz): 0.17±0.05mΩ
seems to be lower than what I usually read from other 280Ah batteries where this value is usually ≤0.25mΩ
I don't even know if lower is better or the other way around.

Any thoughts on that?
Thank you.

Edit:
If found this nice table LiFePO4 Lithium Battery Cell Database. And according to that (line CATL 280Ah) 0.5P and 0.5C seems to be innerchangable terms. ... If I can trust the table ^^

Last edited:
Good day. In general I wanted to thank you and this forum for the provided contact to Jenny Wu.

Furthermore, I have contacted Jenny Wu regarding an offer about 16 x LiFePO4 - EVE, 280Ah, Grade A. She replied they currently have the following in stock: 16 x CATL 280Ah (LF280 according to the pdf) for around 123 USD per cell, incl. shipping, excl. transaction fees.

Thank you so much and best regards.
Hi, I did get the same offer for CATL cells by Jenny Wu from Docan. I have decided to give it a try. should get it in 40-50 days.
I'll keep you posted on how it goes

Last edited:
Back