diy solar

diy solar

BATTERY SELLERS - THE GOOD, BAD, UGLY -- or Jenny (DOCAN) so far so good ...

So boss needed (70) 280aH 3.2 LiFePO4 cells .... asked @Jenny Wu for a quote - quote came back in about an hour ... boss contacted corporate who sent a international wire - @Jenny Wu said that the wire had cleared the Hong Kong bank and that my boss could go and pick up the 70 batteries any time ...

So what a year ago took 75 days to get - and then 4 months ago about 2 weeks to get - now takes us less than 24 hours to get ... my guys like to stop by the Houston store since its a few miles from Corporate ... and we get the same rate as if you order online and wait months and months due to shipping .

My boss did ask her if DONCAN would ever start making server packs - personally - he and I both agree THAT will be a huge money maker for them. Heck they could even just ship the parts over from mainland to Houston and get some cheap labour to put the systems together right there at their warehouse.

I don't mind building batteries - it really saves us allot of money -- BUT if I can get a ready made server pack with BMS all put together for a little more -- then THATS the way to go...

Hi Ghostwriter-
I have to talk slowly because I don't edit the videos so I can't afford to misspeak but the solution is to play it back on 1.25 speed. Then I sound normal. It's really funny, like I'm 20 years younger. Try it!

So when I got transferred from LA (CA) to out here in the middle of Southwest Texas - i suddenly noticed that everyone kept telling me that "you sure talk fast"... I guess its because at corporate you really only have peoples attention for x amount of seconds and you try to get everything in .... NOW being out here for 2 years - when I go back to LA and talk to my parents and friends everyone says that I talk much slower - and that ever now and then I just slip in a curse word without even realizing it - and that I use words that i never did before like ya'll and gonna and wanna and my former morning beauty routine that use to take at least an hour every morning now consists of whatever I can get done in 10 minutes and thats good enough - reason God made baseball caps (bad hair days) and sunglasses (no makeup days)

But honestly - I love to visit LA - its a great city -- but VISIT is the operative word ... I really do like Texas ... going completely off subject and probably will get a call from HR tomorrow but there is just something about those Texas guys that metropolitan guys will never measure up to ...

My boss did ask her if DONCAN would ever start making server packs - personally - he and I both agree THAT will be a huge money maker for them. Heck they could even just ship the parts over from mainland to Houston and get some cheap labour to put the systems together right there at their warehouse.

I don't mind building batteries - it really saves us allot of money -- BUT if I can get a ready made server pack with BMS all put together for a little more -- then THATS the way to go...

i fully agree with this statement..
server rack pack seems to be the way the main stream customers are heading...

Fully agree. A decent solid box with a BMS, preferable 200A, would be great.

I would also add the option to wallmount it, as eg the rosen solar (with a nice finish cover). Especially here in Europe I think such wall mount unit is preferred (looks better) and there isn't always sufficient space to put 19" stuff.

@RayfromTX Just watched your video - did you put all the batteries into service? You must have an enormous battery bank!

Fully agree. A decent solid box with a BMS, preferable 200A, would be great.

I would also add the option to wallmount it, as eg the rosen solar (with a nice finish cover). Especially here in Europe I think such wall mount unit is preferred (looks better) and there isn't always sufficient space to put 19" stuff.
EVE sells one in their alibaba store already, its only 100Ah though.

exactly, most go to 100ah..
i think 19" rack mount using proper 280ah or 302/304 cells would sell like belgian chocolate

Problem is if you want 48V, that's 16 cells - no way you'd lift that 19" rack mount system. Those with 100Ah cells are about the biggest ones you'd manage to lift properly. Never mind fitting the cells in that form factor to begin with.

Last edited:
exactly, most go to 100ah..
i think 19" rack mount using proper 280ah or 302/304 cells would sell like belgian chocolate
Volthium here in Canada make a **200Ah** (editing in that key detail) 19" rack mount unit but it is a staggering $7000CAD (give or take) at most retailers. They are very nice units though, with a solid warranty.

Last edited:
I ordered 8 x EVE 304Ah with welded studs as attached PI-invoice states, payment was confirmed on 12/03/22. Batteries were supposedly in Houston. Have never received updates or delivery. Communication is confusing to say the least with combination of: Solar Forum, DOCAN Email, gmail, Facebook, and now Efestpower.com. Not to mention only a foreign phone number.
I guess I’ll keep on waiting!
Capt Rallo

Attachments

• Order PI for Tony Tesvich Oysters 20211115WS36 5.pdf
    100.7 KB · Views: 41
Rural Texas tends to beat a man up. Those of us still standing are the ones that learned to survive the beat down, fix the broken stuff, mend the fences and pretend it doesn't hurt to get up. Here everything seems to bite, burn or poke. I'm accused of living in a third world country by people that must not have been to one. I'm pretty solidly rooted here and here I'll be as the wrinkles take over but it is good to get away.
Hey Ray, must admit I have watched your channel with a lot of intrigue. I haven't missed an episode. I have found your video especially this one in context on the #1 post to be extremely truthful.

Find your diamond in the rough LFP supplier and try not to pay School fees. Others have gone before you, ladies and gents. Try not repeat their mistakes. Most especially what is valuable about Ray, is the way he deals with the suppliers in China. This Solar game is way too broad and things can and will go wrong from time to time. It's about the recovery plan, not the actual disaster that took place.

As a person that has worked with a multitude of diverse cultures for the past decade for my bread and butter. Ray's way in trying to be humble about other people's culture is what will make him get favourable outcomes.

Keep up the great work Ray. You are an artist with Wood and one of the LFP Pioneers.

All the best ??

I'm curious about all of your experiences. I ordered 8 304 AH cells from Docan Technology on Alibaba the end of November. The sales representative I spoke to is named Sandy. Has anyone worked with Sandy? Sandy has been responsive so far but I'm just a little surprised my cells haven't been listed as shipped yet... I see on Docanpower.com that the cells that I ordered are now in stock at the Texas warehouse, which would lead me to believe that my order should either be on the way, or there was some sort of miscommunication...

Does anyone have experience with this kind of situation? I'm trying not to be too impatient, but it was a lot of money and I just wanted to be sure I was getting what I ordered.

Further, the USA warehouse is only charging the same price for the cells that I paid on Alibaba... Meaning I could have paid the same amount and had the cells within a week or two instead of waiting well over a month.
Interesting comments. I found the web site for Docan last night also. They show the 280 AH and 304 AH batteries in stock at the Houston warehouse. Thought my problem was solved. Now I'm not to too sure since you have not received your batteries. I live and travel in my RV. I'm in AZ now but worry how long I may have to wait for my batteries. Jenny told me they ship from Houston by UPS. I would think you should have the batteries within a week, although you now wait two weeks for Amazon order that use to take three days
Jenny won't even return my emails. I think I asked too many questions and now she is pissed with me. I don't use PayPal often and never ordered anything by email from China and with the large dollar amount it made me uncomfortable.

Interesting comments. I found the web site for Docan last night also. They show the 280 AH and 304 AH batteries in stock at the Houston warehouse. Thought my problem was solved. Now I'm not to too sure since you have not received your batteries. I live and travel in my RV. I'm in AZ now but worry how long I may have to wait for my batteries. Jenny told me they ship from Houston by UPS. I would think you should have the batteries within a week, although you now wait two weeks for Amazon order that use to take three days
Jenny won't even return my emails. I think I asked too many questions and now she is pissed with me. I don't use PayPal often and never ordered anything by email from China and with the large dollar amount it made me uncomfortable.

I don't think you can ask @Jenny Wu too many questions. Docan already has my money and she still answers my questions.

I ordered from Jenny Wu and she was always quick with responses to questions, accommodating when I needed to change a delivery date (long story and don't need to go into it), and always very humble and appreciative of me using them as my supplier. This morning, she took the time to contact me to make sure that the battery cells had arrived AND to make sure that I didn't have any issues with them.

That ^^^^ is a sign of great customer service and follow up after the sale. How many other vendors do this? I'm sure there may be a few, but the fact that she is doing that kind of thing tells me that they have their act together and know what it takes to not only make make a sale, but to keep customers happy and make those customers want to promote/recommend them to others.

I'll be pulling the trigger on 16 or 32 cells in the next two weeks. Everyone still on board that these are good cells at a good price? I just saw Tony's PDF and 8 cells for $1300 or so is a lot better than what I saw in Will's video from November (4 cells for $1100).

In general, I think you just need to manage your expectations a bit better. Perhaps try another form of communication with her (she has listed her personal email + Facebook).

Regarding the shipping from Houston by UPS, seems like she can only quote you what they quote her. I still get Amazon prime shipments in 1 or 2 days. I got the same UPS shipping time from Jenny and it was fulfilled as normal.

Personally, ordering through her/Alibaba from stock at the US warehouse was similar to any other transaction I've completed on the internet. I don't see why there would be extra worry if she confirmed that there is US stock ready to ship.

@Jenny Wu has tried to reply to you.

I'm currently in the second half of a capacity test for 4 Eve 100Ah that I purchased from Jenny from the TX warehouse. Very fast shipping and packaging was awesome. This was more an order to test the waters.

Cells look good. There is the slightest bloat on them at full SOC, but I don't know enough to say whether that should be a concern. If the capacity is good to go, definitely going to order more. I like the ability to purchase stock that is in the US and not have to deal with freight.

UPDATE: Capacity test just completed. 102Ah! Can't complain about that!

Attachments

• 20220120_184535.jpg
    20220120_184535.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Back