diy solar

diy solar

battery terminal end question

wrench 87

I am drilling out my wire way and ran into a problem. I have temco 2/0 terminal end with 5/16 hole for the stud in the inverter, they dont fit through the 3/4 conduit connector so I went to 1 inch conduit connectors. the problem is the 1 inch connector will be to close to the edge to install the locking nut. are other brands smaller ?, I rather not modify the terminal end. Any suggestions

Depending on how close you can sometimes just thread the connector in while the nut sits snug against the edge. Or you can grind down the edge of the nut where it sits flush and have room to thread in. You can also wrap a piece of heavy wire around the threads to use in place of a nut.

rather not modify the terminal end
I would not hesitate to grind down a terminal end, but it sounds like the real problem is 1” connector nut contacting the wall of the tray or box. Is that right?

I would die-grind the 3/4” knockout off center to accept the 1” fitting/connector long before I’d grind down the terminal end. 2/0 in 3/4” sounds like I tough install anyways.

As others stated, just grind the lock ring. Screw the fitting into the lockring and then attach your conduit to the fitting.

You can also just purchase a crimper and cut the end off and re-crimp.

Back