diy solar

diy solar

Battery

MitchJJ

Hello all ?
I ordered the 2019 new 8pcs 3.2v 100ah.
The cells where unmatched. Three of the cells where 3.2v the other 5 where around 1.19v. When I reached out to seller he said they where fine when he shipped them, is this an issue?

thanks
mitch

Last edited:
Hello
I just tested batteries and the following is the reading I got:

how long did it took for shipping? If the cells fall that low, they are probably dead. I hope they take them back.

Hello
I just tested batteries and the following is the reading I got:
call your credit card company, and set a claim... When cells get below 2.2VDC each damage starts. This should be on the Cell Specification data sheet. There is no way these cells discharged to that level on their own. They were obviously DOA and were not tested at all when being packed up.

It took 3 months to get them. I tried to file claim with aliexpress but no luck. I had a felling the where dead. Thanks for verifying. I file claim with CC

It took 3 months to get them. I tried to file claim with aliexpress but no luck. I had a felling the where dead. Thanks for verifying. I file claim with CC
This really SUX BIG TIME ! I hope you get it sorted and that your CC company stands behind you on this. Ironically, people have reported good experiences with BLS and a couple of bad ones too... Now I take most things with a good healthy dose of salt (okay a cow lick sometimes) but I never saw anyone get this kind of treatment out of BLS... although I may have missed them if one popped up.

Now there is something going on most folks do not know about. 2019 was a screwy year in Chinese Battery production. A lot of low range & low cost Chinese EV's used LFP batteries but as the subsidies got pulled in favour of longer range vehicles and the changing market space, LFP demand for that use fell "drastically". So a lot of cells were produced but never sold, therefore there is at present an abundance of New Old Stock cells. If properly stored there should be no issues with any of these BUT if not properly stored and allowed to drain fully (below 2.0V per cell) then these are going to have problems. The other "catch" is that a lot of manufacturers that are sitting on this NOS stock, are wholesaling out to resellers for cheap, just to clear the stock and reduce standing inventory. That can be both good or bad. Case in point, the Xuba 280's from eve. These are good, new Grade-A cells but I believe they are NOS. Seeing that each cell is charged to 3.29V and they show it upon packing (they test before packing them up and provide a video of it and photo's too during the process) They have obviously been properly stored and not allowed to discharge. Unfortunately not all vendors do such. In fact, from my recollection, Xuba is the only one who does a video of your cells as they test & pack them up, and the buyers name is on the cells when they video & photo them.

A BIG CHANGE IS COMING !
LFP Prismatic Cells have been around for quite a time now and other formats like Cylindrical LFP have also come out to meet needs / demands. LFP will still be used in EV's, even Tesla will be using them but NOT like the ones we see today ! The new format which works for many EV type "packs" is called the "Cell In Pack" CTP for short. See article below. Current square formats will continue to be produced but less & less as CTP formats increase... CATL isn't the only one doing It. CTP is more flexible for configuration and design and offers a higher density per cubic centimeter and by weight. You an figure this change over will occur over the next 12-24 months as demand for cell delivery increases exponentially. The UP SIDE for people like us, is that Prismatic cell price will continue to drop "for now" and we'll have to keep a close eye on it, as once stock, inventory & production lines settle down pricing will flatten out.

Why no luck with the claim on Aliexpress?

Were they the CALB 100ah cells?

No luck yet. They want me to send it out to be tested by another party in case my voltage meter is wrong. So I am trying.

Hi OP , I know this is a long shot. I presume that you are using a DMM to test the voltage of the cells.
When last have you checked / changed the batteries in the meter ?

Why was the reference to BLS removed from the title and OP post?
THAT is disturbing...
IF these were sold by BLS everyone should know that.
The link to the product listing should also be provided, so as to warn potential buyers.
Dishonesty & malfeasance must be exposed !

Having that into removed SMELLS OF SOMETHING !
Is all of a sudden the forum covering up for ????

@Will Prowse could you offer some light on the comment by Opie91 above ?
If this decision was made by someone in admin level, then delete the whole thread, else the integrity of the info & this site becomes questionable.

Back