diy solar

diy solar

Batteryhookup.com Lifepo4 4s BMS not working/wiring?

Tres

Building my first Lifepo4 pack. I have 4 little 25ah new batteries from batteryhookup.com and their Lifepo4 100ah 4s BMS. (I know the bms is big I won't charge at a high rate)
I made 3 buss bars and connected the batteries. I get 13.2v across the pack. Everything seems fine.

I hooked up the Battery Hookup 100a Lifepo4 4s BMS with the balance leads as follows:
black to main neg battery terminal
white 1 (next to black) wire goes to battery 1+ (same battery with main neg and neg bms lead)
white 2 to battery 2+
white 3 to battery 3+
red to battery 4 positive

Battery 4 has main positive. Battery 1 is main negative.
BMS B- wires connected to main negative

Voltage from the C- on bms and the main battery positive is only 12.3v. I hook up the Noco G15000 to the C- and the main positive, and nothing.
I move the charging cable to the main battery neg, and the charger turns on.

Everything seems to be ok, but the voltage across BMS is 1v low, and the charger won't work.
20210209_161628 (1).jpg
Ideas?

Last edited:
It looks right.
Double check white wires didn’t get crossed onto wrong cell.
jumper for “switch” is installed.
Do you have Bluetooth? What does software say?

check about load sense feature

safety feature that requires an open circuit before restoration of operation

also the switch feature might be inadvertently set to keep it off like rocketman said

It looks like the black balance lead is under the the ring terminal for the B- wires. I would put the B- ring terminals on first and then the balance lead ring terminal on top of that. Just a suggestion and it might already be that way just can’t really see on my phone’s little screen.

Building my first Lifepo4 pack. I have 4 little 25ah new batteries from batteryhookup.com and their Lifepo4 100ah 4s BMS. (I know the bms is big I won't charge at a high rate)
I made 3 buss bars and connected the batteries. I get 13.2v across the pack. Everything seems fine.

I hooked up the Battery Hookup 100a Lifepo4 4s BMS with the balance leads as follows:
black to main neg battery terminal
white 1 (next to black) wire goes to battery 1+ (same battery with main neg and neg bms lead)
white 2 to battery 2+
white 3 to battery 3+
red to battery 4 positive

Battery 4 has main positive. Battery 1 is main negative.
BMS B- wires connected to main negative

Voltage from the C- on bms and the main battery positive is only 12.3v. I hook up the Noco G15000 to the C- and the main positive, and nothing.
I move the charging cable to the main battery neg, and the charger turns on.

Everything seems to be ok, but the voltage across BMS is 1v low, and the charger won't work.
View attachment 36573
Ideas?

Like someone else said, you need to adjust your wiring. Do not place the balance/sense leads on top of the lock washers, place them on top of the busbar, then the lock washer, then the nut. Always have your highest current items first, in direct contact with the terminal, then the sense wires, then the physical "hold it tight" hardware. The B- leads first, then the sense leads, then the lock washer and nut.

In addition to the above suggestions, make sure the lock in the app is not on. It looks like a padlock. If the app is set to monitoring mode you won't see it. If the app is set to driving mode the padlock will appear. I had to reinstall the app to get it to work.

OOPS, I just realized the OP posted over a month ago...lol. I wonder if he got it to work.

Back