diy solar

diy solar

Battle born sitting since Nov unhooked

MV semi-retired

These have been sitting since the end of Oct.. anything special i nees to do to hook them to the inverters? And im about to order 6 more BB and 2 more inverters. Can I just parallel all the batteries evwn though the inverters will be parallel but in 2 separate banksIMG_20201101_162331_773.jpg

What are the voltages on the batteries? If they are within 0.1V, go for it. If they are greater than that, bring up the low ones before connecting, otherwise you may get some higher cross charging current.

I assume you already know how to hook the batteries up so that current is balanced between them. That's important if you want to have anything close to the full current available.

Typically I would say your max current in this case is 100A * 3 * 0.8 = 240A. This is for 3 batteries in parallel at 12V nominal.

They are 24v and I will be running them in parallel for a total of 12 batteries after my next purchase. And yes I know to hook up the + on one end and the - on the other..

That's a big pack! What are you plans for fusing? Terminal style, MRBF or?

MRBF fuses with a dedicated holder on each battery would be pretty clean. Some folks have mounted MBRF fuses directly to the cell terminal without the holder. Might be feasible in your application.

1612836354992.png

1612836372095.png

You might also consider gluing a bit of fire resistant glass fabric to the wood which is near the battery terminals. A bad connection could in theory get it hot enough to ignite being so close.

Back