diy solar

diy solar

BCS / BuyCheapSolar 10kwh LifepO4 pack for $2850

Drove to Las Vegas and picked up the 10kw battery and the 6kw inverter - maybe I’ll do an unboxing video- did Will Powse ever review? Would love to see his take on this batter and inverter. I like that the inverter has two phase output and 2 solar string inputs So I can basically use existing string of panels on my roof and add on the eight new panels 460 watt blueSun bifacial - trying to figure out how to rack the eight panels I’d like to use Unistruts But it’s very pricey $75 per 10 foot
Wow, can still get Superstrut at Home Depot here (Chattanooga, tn) for 28 & 32 per 10 foot for 14/12 gauge respectively

Geez, those install prices are insane. In Australia (with out high wages) it is about $1/w for solar supply and install (including all the panels, mounting and labour).

Won't 15s require different settings in the SCC and inverter than the normal 16s?
Yes website says 51volts for charging though manual says 54volts and I burned through. 13ah of capacity over several days before I realized the manual was incorrect.

So the UL is for the cells, I’m no expert but i don’t see UL on the outside of the battery itself.
If you are trying to comply with a building code that is using NEC 2020 I believe the UL listing applies to the entire battery system which they describe as an Energy Storage System (ESS).

Hate to bump and old thread but was looking for info on the “buycheapsolar” business. While looking, this thread popped up lol.

He’s got a pallet of ZNShine 370w panels I’m looking at and weighing the idea of just having them shipped OR, driving out and picking them up. Cost wise would be pretty close, and I wouldn’t have to drive 8hrs to pick them up.

Just wanted to see if he’s legit before committing to shipping them.

I bought 25 Jinko panels from them locally and they have been great for 3+ years now. Don’t know about shipping though. When I bought they were working out of a large house with panels stored outside. That could be different now.

I bought 25 Jinko panels from them locally and they have been great for 3+ years now. Don’t know about shipping though. When I bought they were working out of a large house with panels stored outside. That could be different now.
The shipping quote was a little high but I plan on splitting the pallet with a neighbor. I could potentially drive out, that’s a 4-ish hr drive each way, + probably $300-ish in fuel costs.

He said he can ship them, just waiting for a price now. If it ends up in the $400 range I’ll consider it but, wanted to know if they were legit before committing and paying via Venmo or Zelle lol.

Damn I might buy a few. 75 (64 if you buy a pallet) bucks for a 370W panel! Hell I may buy more than a few. I have a whole west roof left for expansion.

Back