diy solar

diy solar

Beginner needs to buy components before going to Mexico

property like this in the Netherlands goes fast for a million EURO
I’d venture a guess there is NO property like that in the Netherlands

I don’t think you really can compare Mexico to the Netherlands with the climate, security, and development being so radically different.

I’d venture a guess there is NO property like that in the Netherlands

I don’t think you really can compare Mexico to the Netherlands with the climate, security, and development being so radically different.
O jees , there are plenty of this kind of property in the Netherlands even a way bigger and 50 times more expensive but in a different style , even a small house on 200 m square cost fast 350,000 €
Renting a 80 square meter apartment cost fast 850 / 1200 € a month inland at the coast double it .
After WWII the housing is still a problem a continuing shortage due population grow and later due extensive immigration.

You are right , there is NO comparing between Mexico and the Netherlands ,
There is no problem with security in Mexico at average, the big cities are the same as al big cities in the world , be street smart .
50 miles around the border at both sides is it a bit different .
We are complete save where we living NOBODY will bother us in anyway
But there are golden rules in Mexico for expats.
1) NEVER get involved in the drugs trade
2) Do not fiddle around with the woman from an other man
3) Pedophiles,let me put it nice way have a hard time to get out of the bush if you get my drift .
4) always have a good car insurance
5) Never drive at night time .
6) DO NOT get involved in politics .
7) do not open a taco stand , whahahaha

For the rest, be nice be happy and adapt yourself to their culture you need to learn to have patience
By the way we have traveled the USA extensively for more than a year , visit 35 states with an old Mobil home pulling a Suzuki samurai behind it.
After that we sailed for 6 months the pacific coast from La Paz Mexico trough the Panama Channel .

O nice ,I may have to check it out?
I can offer you a stay in our place in a still rural Mexican coastal enviroment with a bit of tourism.
Just get your behind at Manzanillo airport and we will pick you up.
We are living if we are on a extended vacation already for 15 years.
Our house is close to everything but still secluded , beautifull clear sky tropical nights with the sound of al kind of critters, no people , no noice no trafic, it is what we wanted but that has an history
But not now it is summer time , muggy for you, we can handle it.
Best time for you November till Juli
But for the neighbor's rooster i have to buy a watch, he does not know when it is time to make his daily call it is stil dark outside and he is already doing his thing

Last edited:
O jees , there are plenty of this kind of property in the Netherlands even a way bigger and 50 times more expensive but in a different style , even a small house on 200 m square cost fast 350,000 €
Renting a 80 square meter apartment cost fast 850 / 1200 € a month inland at the coast double it .
After WWII the housing is still a problem a continuing shortage due population grow and later due extensive immigration.

You are right , there is NO comparing between Mexico and the Netherlands ,
There is no problem with security in Mexico at average, the big cities are the same as al big cities in the world , be street smart .
50 miles around the border at both sides is it a bit different .
We are complete save where we living NOBODY will bother us in anyway
But there are golden rules in Mexico for expats.
1) NEVER get involved in the drugs trade
2) Do not fiddle around with the woman from an other man
3) Pedophiles,let me put it nice way have a hard time to get out of the bush if you get my drift .
4) always have a good car insurance
5) Never drive at night time .
6) DO NOT get involved in politics .
7) do not open a taco stand , whahahaha

For the rest, be nice be happy and adapt yourself to their culture you need to learn to have patience
By the way we have traveled the USA extensively for more than a year , visit 35 states with an old Mobil home pulling a Suzuki samurai behind it.
After that we sailed for 6 months the pacific coast from La Paz Mexico trough the Panama Channel .
Great rules to live by in Mexico. I’d add one more. It’s great to have friends that grew up in the area where you live.

Depends on where you are. In our area 150k can get you ocean front with electric and water.
Yep, but old bad construction, salitre , terrible wiring freaking small room, bad ventilated house , just crap , i have seen it all, i have build new from breaking ground on fully titled property and that is an other chapter .
Do you know how much people lost their property because the bought it from a agido of coarse signed by a corrupt agido boss and not filed in Mexico city .
The next boss can take in this way your property away because it is not official your property .
Be aware .

I can offer you a stay in our place in a still rural Mexican coastal enviroment with a bit of tourism.
Just get your behind at Manzanillo airport and we will pick you up.
We are living if we are on a extended vacation already for 15 years.
Our house is close to everything but still secluded , beautifull clear sky tropical nights with the sound of al kind of critters, no people , no noice no trafic, it is what we wanted but that has an history
But not now it is summer time , muggy for you, we can handle it.
Best time for you November till Juli
But for the neighbor's rooster i have to buy a watch, he does not know when it is time to make his daily call it is stil dark outside and he is already doing his thing
And for some reason the sun comes up over the Sea of Cortez at 5:00 AM every day.

Great rules to live by in Mexico. I’d add one more. It’s great to have friends that grew up in the area where you live.
ABSOLUTLY !
And another one, i learned from a Medical friend , Friends in the medical world is more important than money, i get everything done in days .

Depends on where you are. In our area 150k can get you ocean front with electric and water.
I would rather be out in no mans land , obviously electric is not a problem for me
water ? I don’t know what getting your own water would take.
I really like the idea , I would like to sail and live on the boat allso , I’m a sailer .

I would rather be out in no mans land , obviously electric is not a problem for me
water ? I don’t know what getting your own water would take.
I really like the idea , I would like to sail and live on the boat allso , I’m a sailer .
Water is ESSENTIAL.
1) you can truck it in by yourself of hiring a service, dump it into your BIG storage tank , best in the ground.
2) dig/drill a well but that is depending on a lot of variables

Living on a sail boat, o my, where to start, ok my 10 cents of experience and information.
1) The sail boat must be at least be around 46 feet, smaller is posible but i would call that not LIVING .you NEED space believe me.
2) Stay under 50 feet , after 50 feet all prices for harbors maintenace go up a lot, but 50 feet boats are cheaper used, and that is the reason
3) Get yourself a MODERN boat not that old so called bleu water crap, a lot more space , sail 3 times better, and not rotten mast steps , de laminating and continuously rebuilding repairing and replacing old shit .
4) depending on where you wanna go and sail, but you spend the most time outside, so your cockpit must be suitable for that, most modern boats are perfect for it .
5) nearly all modern sail boats can be sailed solo or with a couple, if you have all your sail on the roll.

I have a preference Brand Jeaneau, modern boats and they are still glassing in the ribs and stringers !
Do not let them talk into that old crap with all their fake stories, i have spend a lot of time in the cruising world , special with USA people.
30 knots is a storm and you need a blue water boat ( what ever that is ) while they full year round on anchor or yach club, the have sailed down from USA to Mexico along the coast and that is it .
Jees, we dutch go out on a Sunday for a nice day sailing at the NORTH Sea with 30 knots of wind just for fun .
If you wanna know more, just ask.

Jeaneau makes a nice boat .
I’ve sail large lakes and rivers started with a 22’ and then 30’ and up to a 36’ Catalina , but then 08 happened
and I had no time to sail , now my wife’s knees went bad so there is no boating for us.
I liked a brisk wind , my wife not so much .

Jeaneau makes a nice boat .
I’ve sail large lakes and rivers started with a 22’ and then 30’ and up to a 36’ Catalina , but then 08 happened
and I had no time to sail , now my wife’s knees went bad so there is no boating for us.
I liked a brisk wind , my wife not so much .
i get you, we were planing a while ago to go sailing again , that is why we are selling the house.
But all is changed now due that virus thing, you can go nowhere anymore , we have friends completely stuck in Turkey.
We were planning to go around the world in at least 5 years, basically the milk run and some Brazil, and perhaps round the cape , i do not like to go trough the red sea.
My wife has little bit COPD and is not all that strong, but know how to sail, so i made a sail plan for single hand sailing, everything on the roll, electric winches and more goodies , i do not like to go out of the cockpit anymore with bad weather to reef or change sails, to old and to risky sailing nearly solo.
We like to be on open water by our own for extended time.
With good route planning and good weather information you can go safe anywhere now, and these information is so easy to come by these days, no need to run into trouble anymore .
I have sailed whit one hand held GPS old paper charts and an old fashioned auto pilot, but run into storms 50 knots sustainable.
No biggie but no fun .
48 hours outside , my behind looked like a raw hamburger, salt an continues movement, and repairing bilge pumps during storm under the engine , laying flat on my belly while the V belt was eating my hands ,
Old bad boat .
But now we have changed plans again , no more sailing any more , no longer feasible in the way we want.
We have seen 6 meter water up and 6 meter nothing down at the same time, riding freaking waves at 30 degrees angle ( more or less )
I worked on the North sea and we have in a good winter storm sometimes wave of 22 meter, 70 feet ! and a short interval time , that is HORRIBLE.
Long ocean waves are so much better .

We have spend time around the sea of cortez even sail there, stayed a long time in La Paz and Mazatlan.
Baha California south is very dry and hot but not humid .
But the Bread ( French ) is FANTASTIC !
Pacifico beer
You’re making me hungry and thirsty. Shrimp festival November 4th

Sooooo now I need to find 2 panels. Dad was going to get them at Tesla in Fremont, CA, which is near his house, but can’t now. I see the Hanwha Q Cell is Tesla’s label, I think, but I only see 325 watt and 450 watt. I’m guessing that’s a bad idea with keeping our system 12v for now?

i get you, we were planing a while ago to go sailing again , that is why we are selling the house.
But all is changed now due that virus thing, you can go nowhere anymore , we have friends completely stuck in Turkey.
We were planning to go around the world in at least 5 years, basically the milk run and some Brazil, and perhaps round the cape , i do not like to go trough the red sea.
My wife has little bit COPD and is not all that strong, but know how to sail, so i made a sail plan for single hand sailing, everything on the roll, electric winches and more goodies , i do not like to go out of the cockpit anymore with bad weather to reef or change sails, to old and to risky sailing nearly solo.
We like to be on open water by our own for extended time.
With good route planning and good weather information you can go safe anywhere now, and these information is so easy to come by these days, no need to run into trouble anymore .
I have sailed whit one hand held GPS old paper charts and an old fashioned auto pilot, but run into storms 50 knots sustainable.
No biggie but no fun .
48 hours outside , my behind looked like a raw hamburger, salt an continues movement, and repairing bilge pumps during storm under the engine , laying flat on my belly while the V belt was eating my hands ,
Old bad boat .
But now we have changed plans again , no more sailing any more , no longer feasible in the way we want.
We have seen 6 meter water up and 6 meter nothing down at the same time, riding freaking waves at 30 degrees angle ( more or less )
I worked on the North sea and we have in a good winter storm sometimes wave of 22 meter, 70 feet ! and a short interval time , that is HORRIBLE.
Long ocean waves are so much better .
70 ft waves, nooooooooooo thanks. The 3 footers in BC are plenty. I don’t even like following a dang wake boat on our lake.

You’re making me hungry and thirsty. Shrimp festival November 4th
O my that will be great .
That will be farmed scrimp, i had a good connection with a shrimp farmer in Mazatlan .
In Mazatlan go to the Harbor end , there is a seafood restaurant, more fresh than fresh is impossible, the bring everything straight from the ocean at your table.
3 feet is like sailing in a bath tub for me . but the big rolling waves on the ocean are very gentle, easy to handle if you stay in deep water .

Yup covid has changed every thing, i just cam back from getting a covid test .
my Daughter and I needed a test done , so she can go in to a movie shoot .
She may become a little movie star ? we will see if she gets the part .
I would like to sail again but I just don’t know if it’s going to happen

Back