diy solar

diy solar

Beginning phase of 12 volt lifepo4 battery build and proposed wiring diag

Mike H

Here is a diag I put together . I have not added fuses or beakers in yet. Just trying to get my lay out. If any would like to look it over too see if I am on the right track. That would be great and help or information would be great appreciate. I am new to this good and love reading all your post. Thank in advance
This is set up I am trying to put together is for our 39 foot sail boat. Me and my wife live on it full time in southern florida. Once thank for your guys help
Mike16009863349467069664097366469699.jpg

I'm a little unclear if both charge controllers go to the same post on the bus bar, which I used to thing was a no-no, but the BlueSea bus bar I bought you can hook more than one lig, which surprised me.

Also, do you have one or two inverters? I see 1200 watts listed and 1500 watts.

There's a wire from the shunt that comes with the BVS-712 that will wrap around to the positive, just after the battery fusing.

Based off of my RV build and calculations I did for a 12 volt, 440 AH battery pack you may have enough panels and charge controllers to add twice as many batteries with no additional panels or charge controllers. I'm doing wiring on this RV build now, and the short circuit voltage and amperage is not quite at what is on the panel, so there could be advantages in what you have about going heavy with panels.

Thank you for veiwing my post .
I am sorry I only will have 1 . I switched to the 1200 victron. I only need to run my microwave and poss hot water heater ( water heater pulls 10 to 15 amps for 20 min)
As for the panels as of right now I only have the two 320 watt panels. I bought the other 2 and are in storage .As for the BMV-712. I was going to run the main battery pos to 1 bank and the AUX wire to the second battery . That way I could see the voltage between the two banks . I am just unsure about where I should connect the solar charge controller. When I get all plans together later down the road I might add 1 more 200 ah bank. For those rainy times in Florida.

I'm a bit confused by the battery wiring diagram. There doesn't seem to be a single positive on either battery.

I'm a bit confused by the battery wiring diagram. There doesn't seem to be a single positive on either battery.
Sorry I did a bad job. I am going to redo the diagram. I found out on a another thread that solar wires are wrong.
Thank you for taking a look.

Back