diy solar

diy solar

Bellyache or Brag, what's your weather?

68°f today and 89°f by Thursday. Beer, tacos and a fishing pole.

Tesla looked very attractive till you do the math to buy one - I can’t justify a $1200 car payment any which way. I hear the newer ones are cheaper. [shrug]

4 figure payments should be reserved for things that appreciate.
(i.e. set your sights on a better Marque.)

The moon looks like you could pour some water in it and it would stay. Cool crescent tonight, low to the west of me at the moment.
Snow melted away before the weekend, then helatious wind. Now it's calm and clear.
Apparently it won't be for long, tonight's wind chill 19F and breezy.

From a while back. Definition of "Breezy" - Wyoming style.
Breezy 33mph.PNG

Concho is out in the stix! And a pretty good drive out there from Mesa. Do you drive the back way thru AJ? Or 87-260?

Not too long ago we spent a couple of weeks exploring AZ, and frankly, I would rather move there than eastern WA. But alas, wifey wants to be near family, the kids and grandkids. I get it.

We spent a week in Payson, drove out to Showlow to visit an old acquaintance that retired there from LA. Surely a beautiful place that is so remote.
They bought a nice home out there, and at the end of their street is wilderness. We took a walk. Magical really. They had pics of elk in their backyard.

I thought we could live in Payson, then a couple of weeks after we left it snowed two feet. Oh well. LOL

My Mom and my BIL are in Phoenix. Cancer got my sis. We liked Gilbert, Scottsdale, and Fountain Hills. But it's thirteen hundred miles from the rest of the family. ? My oldest daughter will likely end up in Scottsdale.

Concho is out in the stix! And a pretty good drive out there from Mesa. Do you drive the back way thru AJ? Or 87-260?

Actually about halfway between the "Y" and Concho Valley, so not quite to Concho.

3.25 hours door to door. Drive up Friday evening. Drive home Sunday afternoon. 6.5 hours driving for 43 hours on-site. Math works for me. Helps that I can monitor and control everything remotely and have the fridge cooled down for us when we arrive.

Not too long ago we spent a couple of weeks exploring AZ, and frankly, I would rather move there than eastern WA. But alas, wifey wants to be near family, the kids and grandkids. I get it.

We still have 2 of 3 kids at home, so we'll see... :)

We spent a week in Payson, drove out to Showlow to visit an old acquaintance that retired there from LA. Surely a beautiful place that is so remote.
They bought a nice home out there, and at the end of their street is wilderness. We took a walk. Magical really. They had pics of elk in their backyard.

Part of why we bought where we did. Very little light pollution. We get a little on the horizon from Show Low, Snowflake and St. Johns, but we have a great view of the Milky Way if there's not a full moon.

I thought we could live in Payson, then a couple of weeks after we left it snowed two feet. Oh well. LOL

Yeah, we'll see single digits and a few heavy dustings of snow, but 2' is pretty rare.
My Mom and my BIL are in Phoenix. Cancer got my sis. We liked Gilbert, Scottsdale, and Fountain Hills. But it's thirteen hundred miles from the rest of the family. ? My oldest daughter will likely end up in Scottsdale.

Sorry to hear about your sis. AZ is a beautiful place. Moved here in '96, and I'm never leaving. :)

Surprise surprise, we have what they call "Very High Winds" in the forecast for the near future.
Today might be a good day to batten down the hatches. ?
Anyone want to guess what would happen to a $300 wind turbine?

Breezy to Very High Winds 77 mph.PNG
That's a bunch of air coming from WNW.

EDIT: I don't think I'm going to post about the weather anymore.
I feel like that country singer who sang about RAIN, and then Nashville flooded.
Breezy  WHAT THE HECK.PNG
Where I am:
Where my system is:
Now you know why I was crying when I saw your forecast.

Last edited:
This wind is making me nuts.
The natural gas fireplace BLEW OUT. That is the first time in the 13 years we have been in this house.
I think it happened around midnight because the house cooled down to 67 when I noticed @ 10am. A regular house would have been COLD.
Whenever I go outside I HAVE TO WEAR these: SAFETY GLASSES.PNG

And more fun to come.
Breezy to 74 mph AGAIN.PNG

This is funny, the wind is causing havoc with the NWS, current observation Ha!

Breezy BROKEN 4-6-22.PNG:ROFLMAO:
The Automated Surface Observation Systems (ASOS) may have departed the area.

What does 78mph winds feel like?

I remember going up to the marina way back in the day, it was blowing a gale, and I wanted to check on the boat - a forty foot wooden yawl. It was blowing so hard it was heeled over in the slip from just the rigging. The bumpers were squashed flat. And the wind would whip up the water between the boat bows and the dock. The howling was incredible. But I don't think that was more than fifty or sixty mph.

Another time we left the marina on a trip north in a gale, after coming out of the dry-dock. We were sailing along with a reef in the main, heeled over to the gunnels, and the fitting for the chainstay to the bowsprit broke and nearly took both masts out. We managed to get the sails down, the main boom was bouncing off the cabin top - 55' mast. And we managed to get it into the harbor. I had to make a whole new bowsprit for it. Also learned about strength ratings for connecting hardware.

A sistership...

eveningstar.jpg

What does 78mph winds feel like?
I'm not sure I would have set sail that day. Lucky for you only 1 component broke.

This wind is highly concerning and my time outside is minimal. Stuff is blowing by very quickly and with a great deal of force, luckily it is not my stuff. No damage on this property or the neighbors from what I can see. I will be building some shutters for the skylight very soon. The riding lawnmower is parked in front of the skylight at the moment. That should stop the low flying debris.

Back