diy solar

diy solar

Bellyache or Brag, what's your weather?

It's the 'plains'. :giggle:

It's sunny and 70 today, but 75% chance of rain overnight. 68 and sunny tomorrow. "It's just a cell." Yeah, we've heard that before. :p

They say the wind will blow in some 70 degree temps in a few hours, we shall see.

Currently we have about 50 degrees & 50 mph, so it's 50/50/50 here if you count the clouds.

I may stay home tomorrow! ?‍♂️
breezy w snow.PNG

My neighbor just moved his pickup with snowplow down to the end of his driveway. This may be one of those SHTF weekends.

Last edited:
How much snow did you get up there?
Maybe 3” here.
I saw 90 and some other stuff closed this morning.
I really don't know how much fell. Looking out over open plains, there is a great deal of grass/sage showing, so that was blown somewhere. I am shoveling a path to the road, up to 2' deep in spots. The neighbors have a 4 to 5' drift on the south side of their shed. It's the drifts that are causing issues. Fire & Police asking folks to stay off the roads. Tow trucks working overtime to get the stuck vehicles out of the way of the plows. Folks just don't consider the consequences & some probably will be found in their vehicles later today.

At the moment the NWS can't report current conditions in some locations. The equipment at Gillette airport froze up due to freezing rain/fog & 59 mph gusts at about 6pm last night. All roads were closed last night, as far as I know.
I90 & local highways are all still closed in NE Wyoming, for the most part.

4-24-22 11am.PNG

Neighbors are shoveling while their children throw snowballs & play. ?
Life is good unless you are one of the dummies that was not paying attention and got stuck in a vehicle.

Last edited:
Here is an early morning surprise for Oklahoma City.

If the link sticks to the proper time you will see it start just west of the city. "It" sure looks interesting.

Southern plains view:

Eastern US view:

This is the time of year I stop bragging about my weather...

View attachment 97669

Which is why we're retiring here:
View attachment 97670
Yep, the Phoenix valley area is looking to be quite a furnace this summer!
APS is raking it in $$$$$$
We live in SE AZ at 4200ft elevation and even at that elevation it's looking like 100 for us today!!
Bring them critters inside if ya can and keep a big tub of water out if ya can't.

Riding out tropical storm Kay in San Felipe, expecting 4-8" of rain in the next 12 hrs. Sustained wind plus 40mph
Town is flooding, my garage is taking in water through the gaps around the roll up door. Going to be a long night.

Riding out tropical storm Kay in San Felipe, expecting 4-8" of rain in the next 12 hrs. Sustained wind plus 40mph
Town is flooding, my garage is taking in water through the gaps around the roll up door. Going to be a long night.
Did you enjoy the storm or not so much? I'm guessing there is a great deal of new vegetation popping up. I've traveled to Baja over a hundred times and saw rain on only two occasions.

Not so much.... house flooded at a few locations as my wife and i spent 20 hrs straight defending our home from the water. Something like 30 power poles fell around town ,most of town was without power for days. Happy to say all my solar panels are still on my roof and my solar gear remained dry.
Never seen so much water in the air , I had to go outside at 2 am , the instant I went outside it felt like someone was throwing a 5 gal bucket of water in my face repeatedly.

In contrast, 300 miles north in the LA basin, we pretty much missed then entire storm. An hour or two of gusty winds, maybe to 35mph, and some light rain for half a day. Then the sun came out and it seemed we never did get a storm, let alone anything 'tropical' or 'hurricane'.

They did clock winds at over a hundred, in the mountains of San Diego county though, just 100 miles away.

Back