diy solar

diy solar

Benchtop Power Supply for under $100.

I also don't need that much power at 60V.

Would be great if they make a version for example 1000W max. Would give 40A @ 25V, and I don't mind lowering the amps on high voltages, to stay within the 1000W range (thus eg 20A @ 50V max, so the max amps will decrease if the voltage exceeds eg 25V)

That would be awesome: Having more amps at lower voltages. 60A at 0-12V, 40A up to 25V, and so on.

For now, I still can resist buying the 18A version.. Waiting for the 24A version, and once thats available buy 1 or maybe 2. I have 3 massive powersupplies unused, each providing 60V / 50A :). Plan on installing 2 riden's on that single PSU, making it a massive dual channel bench PSU

Make sure you get a heavy supply cord for them . Mine came with an apparently shitty tiny conductor. At 16 Amos 55v the cord melted in about 10 min.

TUFFIOM DC Power Supply​

I don't know how often this thing is available, but I just happened to notice two in stock (and I got one of them) for the first time since I started looking a few days ago. If someone else wants one, there might be one more left.

I also don't need that much power at 60V.

Would be great if they make a version for example 1000W max. Would give 40A @ 25V, and I don't mind lowering the amps on high voltages, to stay within the 1000W range (thus eg 20A @ 50V max, so the max amps will decrease if the voltage exceeds eg 25V)

That would be awesome: Having more amps at lower voltages. 60A at 0-12V, 40A up to 25V, and so on.

For now, I still can resist buying the 18A version.. Waiting for the 24A version, and once thats available buy 1 or maybe 2. I have 3 massive powersupplies unused, each providing 60V / 50A :). Plan on installing 2 riden's on that single PSU, making it a massive dual channel bench PSU
Where did you obtain such a beat ?

Where did you obtain such a beat ?

Leftover from upgrading our routers. It was powering a Foundry MG8. Those went to the scapyard, but I did take the powersupplies for 'later use'...

They are labelled as APC. Its a 3U 19" chassis, containing 3 of those supplies. They are configured in parallel, powered by 3 240V sockets. The chassis also handles the current sharing, so the whole chassis can provide 150A @ 54V... slightly overkill, 1 powersupply is waaayyyy enough.
(and besides that, I don't have 3 different sockets on different groups)
Default they are 54.5V, but can be adjusted to 59.5V output

This is the cheapest I've found at 30 volts and 10 amps, only $61.

TUFFIOM DC Power Supply​

I don't know how often this thing is available, but I just happened to notice two in stock (and I got one of them) for the first time since I started looking a few days ago. If someone else wants one, there might be one more left.

You might be happier with double the power for $15 more.

Back