diy solar

diy solar

Best batter Voltage for 24 Volt system?

Spartaqus

Planning a 24 volt solar system with 3K inverter. Home backup power.

It was 12 volt until I posted a wiring diagram this weekend and the fellas nuked it…helped me long run!!! I didn’t even know about 24 volt!

My question is What is the BEST lithium battery ‘Voltage’ for this? Starting from scratch I can do whatever is best. My goal is to have about 10,000 watts of battery from 4 batteries and around 800 ah.

It sort of…seems like 12 volt batteries are best for 24 volt system.??? Watched a Will Vid today and he was talking about batteries loving series wiring! Parallel not so much, doesn’t that almost forces you to go 12v??? Did I miss something?

But should I use 12v batteries or 24 to get there?
Assuming you are talking about pre-built LiFePO4 batteries such as server rack batteries, then 24V batteries are the way to go.

If you series up 2 12 V batteries, then they can have balancing issues.

I recommend a 24v battery so that the single BMS can keep all cells in balance as one unit.
If you have some 12 volters they can go series but need to be initially balanced and possibly put a balancer between them.

I recommend a 24v battery so that the single BMS can keep all cells in balance as one unit.
If you have some 12 volters they can go series but need to be initially balanced and possibly put a balancer between them.
Thanks, I really appreciate it! :)

Back