diy solar

diy solar

Best cell layout for 48 cells at 48 volts Calb 3.2 100Ah

Old Seagull Man

I'm mulling over cell layout, for 48 Calb 3.2v 100Ah cells, to be wired as a 48v (51.2) Pack.

Weather to parallel all the cells in groups of 3 cells. Then series 16 of them together. And use one Bms.

Or to series 16 cells together, and produce 3 separate strings, with a Bms each.

Then there is if I do 16 in series, do I put all 16 in a row or make 2 rows of 8, or some other multiple.
Space isn't much a problem, but with that many cells the balance cables could be quite long.

I'm leaning towards 3 in parallel for the cell layout, and 16 cells in a row, but broken into two rows, of 3x8 to make it a more square layout.
So space wise it would be 6 cells wide and 8 cells deep.

If anyone has thoughts or suggestions, or things from there own build, Please add your thoughts.
Everything is most very welcome.

If you have Bus Bar layout thoughts, or suggestions. All the better.

I'm mulling over cell layout, for 48 Calb 3.2v 100Ah cells, to be wired as a 48v (51.2) Pack.

Weather to parallel all the cells in groups of 3 cells. Then series 16 of them together. And use one Bms.

Or to series 16 cells together, and produce 3 separate strings, with a Bms each.

Then there is if I do 16 in series, do I put all 16 in a row or make 2 rows of 8, or some other multiple.
Space isn't much a problem, but with that many cells the balance cables could be quite long.

I'm leaning towards 3 in parallel for the cell layout, and 16 cells in a row, but broken into two rows, of 3x8 to make it a more square layout.
So space wise it would be 6 cells wide and 8 cells deep.

If anyone has thoughts or suggestions, or things from there own build, Please add your thoughts.
Everything is most very welcome.

If you have Bus Bar layout thoughts, or suggestions. All the better.
You should read this:

It was originally only for 1P and 2P, but over time other configurations have been added as a 'bonus'.

Pay close attention to the discussion of Parallel First vs Serial First. (There is no right or wrong answer, just pros and cons of both)

Back