diy solar

diy solar

BEST DEAL ON A 280AH BATTERY CELLS FOR 12VOLT AND BLUE TOOTH BMS

TRAMP

I'm looking to replace my 100amp gel set up with a lipo . Currently using a ctek dc-dc and a separate mppt (170 watt panel) controller to get the most amps. I run a snowmaster fridge freezer, and will be getting a diesel heater . More solar when my new wedge camper is built. Heater draws 9 amps with glow plug on and .5 running, fridge anywhere from 2.5 to 7.5. not much load for the system. I like the option of a blue tooth BMS. I'm not to concerned with monitoring the whole system, its just a camping set up. Do you think 280 is over kill ( buy once cry once) or would 180 be enough? I'm20190515_162958.jpg a lineman and work with high voltage , but playing with the solar has been fun. Thanks Bill

With the price of 280 Eve, or 272 Lishen, 3.2-volt LiFePO4 cells being down around $100 each, shipped from China (if you can wait 2 months for delivery), there doesn’t seem to me to be any downside to using 280 Ah cells. The weight is probably not going to be much different than your current 100 Ah lead acid. Lots of potential benefit to having more storage capacity.

i have a new 100-amp JBD (sometimes labeled as Xiaoxiang) smart BMS, off AliExpress, and I like it a lot. Cost was only $60. Bluetooth pairs with my iphone and tablet very fast. The basic app is free, and very intuitive. The “Pro” version of the app, that allows you to customize the trip points, is another $4.99. Be sure that it ships with the BT dongle. Some vendors sell them separatel.

Last edited:
With the price of 280 Eve, or 272 Lishen, 3.2-volt LiFePO4 cells being down around $100 each, shipped from China (if you can wait 2 months for delivery), there doesn’t seem to me to be any downside to using 280 Ah cells. The weight is probably not going to be much different than your current 100 Ah lead acid. Lots of potential benefit to having more storage capacity.

i have a new 100-amp JBD (sometimes labeled as Xiaoxiang) smart BMS, off AliExpress, and I like it a lot. Cost was only $60. Bluetooth pairs with my iphone and tablet very fast. The basic app is free, and very intuitive. The “Pro” version of the app, that allows you to customize the trip points, is another $4.99. Be sure that it ships with the BT dongle. Some vendors sell them separatel.
Thanks for the info ,trying to find real grade A cells is not easy also trying to interpret ali and Alibaba is no fun!

Thanks for the info ,trying to find real grade A cells is not easy also trying to interpret ali and Alibaba is no fun!
If you stick to the vendors that people hear have given the thumbs up on, you’ll be less likely to have issues. Alibaba is legit, but you do have to be careful and make good choices.

Back