diy solar

diy solar

Best electrical enclosures ever!

Maast

Compulsive Tinkerer
Found the perfect series of metal electrical enclosures to hold all the battery paraphernalia: DC breakers, shunts, contactors, etc, etc, etc.

They go from little 8 inch by 8 inch jobbies though every size and depth you can think of up to huge ones like 34x32x12. I just picked up a 20x20x10. They claim UL listing but a couple reviewers have said they couldnt find them on the UL website so you might not want to use these with line voltage.

They're reasonably priced and evidently built like a brick outhouse if you start digging through the reviews: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=yuco+enclosure

Was initially going to go with a plastic but realized I should do metal in case something goes arky-sparky in there so it doesnt set the box on fire or melt it.

yuco8.jpgyuco20.jpg

All I can see is a rectangular box. It has a key. This tells me nothing. I wouldn't spend one penny on a product advertised like this.
Then obviously you havent ever gone shopping for odd shaped electrical panels to put stuff in. If you can find a 20 inch wide one it'll cost about $850 and have a bunch of AC crap and busbars you have to remove, nor will it have any means to mount 'panel mount' breakers.

These you can cut your holes for what you need where you need them without running into pre-existing knockouts or other obstacles. If you're building a system you'll get to where you'll see the need. Or you'll spend a ton of money on Midnite breaker panels and try to shoehorn things in to fit.

Back