diy solar

diy solar

Best high volume portable panels for home backup system?

Cara

I'm working towards getting a home backup set up and just invested (yowza) in a Bluetti system. I'm not really excited about their solar panels because of limited weatherproofness. I'm interested in the Ecoflow 400w panels (very weather resistant) but don't want to invest if there's a decently comparable option that's more affordable. I'd like to find portable ones so I can take the whole system with me relatively easily if I ever move. Thanks for any recommendations!

Last edited:
You might consider bougerv panels. We bought the 180-watt 9BB panels and are extremely pleased. You can find them on Amazon with free shipping. Four of these might be cheaper than one EcoFlow panel and produce more power.

Good luck!

Probably got our Bluetti's near the same day. Upgrading to the AC200MAX here. Did you make a decision?

My panels are very old, need new - - also looking at portable. Looking at these, Rich Solar and on special. I have a post here asking that question to the group.

I've done some minor reading on the EcoFlow 400W portables. They supposedly get very hot and produce 320W to 350W. I'm hoping that our normal favs; Monsignor Will and Professor Hobo do a review. I've looked around and only found some that seem sponsor related due to there lack of real info.

I've done some minor reading on the EcoFlow 400W portables. They supposedly get very hot and produce 320W to 350W. I'm hoping that our normal favs; Monsignor Will and Professor Hobo do a review. I've looked around and only found some that seem sponsor related due to there lack of real info.
This - https://us.ecoflow.com/products/400w-portable-solar-panel

Durability is always a question. The reviews (and a picture) show the ends sloping down with the weight of the stand. Note that first review/response. Interesting reviews.

I'm looking for a decent portable - see the 200watt one in my post above - even though I'm at home. Yesterday, my city rep was here and if you utter "solar panel" the inquisition, permits, plans, down to conduit ... even if not interconnected. thx

This - https://us.ecoflow.com/products/400w-portable-solar-panel

Durability is always a question. The reviews (and a picture) show the ends sloping down with the weight of the stand. Note that first review/response. Interesting reviews.

I'm looking for a decent portable - see the 200watt one in my post above - even though I'm at home. Yesterday, my city rep was here and if you utter "solar panel" the inquisition, permits, plans, down to conduit ... even if not interconnected. thx
Well if it's any consolation I have that same issue, that is "if" it's mounted on the roof.

So a free standing out of site setup should be of some comfort to you. While my solution will be temporary and on casters, I've opted for rigid panels and am planning to use the EcoWorthy mounting system, albeit modified. However I love my tools and enjoy using them so I don't mind cutting, drilling, sawing etc...

I'm working towards getting a home backup set up and just invested (yowza) in a Bluetti system. I'm not really excited about their solar panels because of limited weatherproofness. I'm interested in the Ecoflow 400w panels (very weather resistant) but don't want to invest if there's a decently comparable option that's more affordable. I'd like to find portable ones so I can take the whole system with me relatively easily if I ever move. Thanks for any recommendations! I decided to buy solar panels for myself and was pleasantly surprised, they also measure the ppm solar, https://ppm.solar/ which gives energy to my house, which is very profitable, so I am very happy and I advise everyone to install this system as well.
Hi, I'm also interested in getting a home backup set. I've heard that there are few issues with the latest solar panels, is it true? What we should do to get quality stuff in affordable price?

Recommend starting your own thread on this.

Personally like these portables:

They are 100watts 25 lbs and toughly built and stand up to a bit of wind. Bigger panels are just too heavy or not sturdy enough.

Back