diy solar

diy solar

Best Invention in the last 100 years that you use a lot

svetz

Works in theory! Practice? That's something else
Saw @rmaddy's post and thought, dang... that could be a thread of its own. So you know...here it is.

What do you think the top few are and why are they the best? Is it space travel? The transistor? Plastic? The TV? How about stuff out of the space program (e.g., microwave ovens, Adult diapers)? Keep in mind the time limit, for example, air travel, the telephone, and electric cars are more than 100 years old now.

Here are the things that probably affect me the most:
  1. drip-coffee - Gets the day moving
  2. solar panels - Can power the world without destroying it
  3. electric powertools - getting it done faster and easier means I can do more
  4. Spincast Fishing Reel - How else are you going to relax and have an excuse to drink beer?
  5. Computers and the Internet - Brings entertainment, knowledge, and an exchange of ideas (even if it is just to argue).
Hard to imagine a hundred years ago these things didn't exist.

Head lamps have been around for miners but for the rest of us, a headlamp powered by AAA batteries is a killer invention. How did I ever set up my tent in the dark without a headlamp? I've seen technicians at the car dealer using them when doing repairs.

Romans had that over 2000 years ago.
Not really... the toilet, hot and cold water in the home is a fairly recent convention.
Sure, Roman's had the aqueduct and bath houses... but individual living quarters didn't have anywhere close to what is the norm for us in the 21st century.

Back