diy solar

diy solar

Best mppt charge controller for LiFePO4?

Rick. with those settings, it won't damage my battery ? and it will charge to 95%? or to 90% of capacity of the battery.?

My inverter is a 600watt pure sine wave.. but it will connect direct to Battery. How can i calculate howmuch watts i can use.. so that the voltage don't go below 11 (or whatever amount the BMS has issues with). I guess the MPPT will warn but the inverter will just use untill it's flat.
13.6V "float" corresponds to 3.45V per cell, more than 99% charged. But, with "bulk" charging limited in time AND voltage, it is a bit less stressful for the BMS than the parameters which Becer listed for your battery.

Anyway, aside from charging the battery - Your Inverter will almost certainly stop itself at a higher voltage than the battery BMS limit (which they indicate to be only 10.0 volts). My own inverters shut down when the supply voltage falls below 11.0V.

13.6V "float" corresponds to 3.45V per cell, more than 99% charged. But, with "bulk" charging limited in time AND voltage, it is a bit less stressful for the BMS than the parameters which Becer listed for your battery.

Anyway, aside from charging the battery - Your Inverter will almost certainly stop itself at a higher voltage than the battery BMS limit (which they indicate to be only 10.0 volts). My own inverters shut down when the supply voltage falls below 11.0V.
Thanks. I'll use those settings then.

Over Voltage Disconnect 14.7 V
Charging Limit Voltage 14.6 V
Over Voltage Reconnect 14.6 V
Equalize Charging Voltage shut off or 14.5 V <- If lower Boost charging Voltage to 14.4v (from 14.5v)must the equalize charge volt shut be 14.4 too ?
Boost Charging Voltage just 14.4V <-- I changed it to 14.4 (from your 14.5) I don't mind putting little less stress on BMS
Float Charging Voltage 13.6 V
Boost Reconnect 13.4 V
Low Voltage Reconnect 10.9
Under Voltage Warning Reconnect Voltage 11.5
Under Voltage Warning 11.5
Low Voltage Disconnect 10.8
Discharging Limit Voltage 10.5
Equalize Duration 0 (never do it, or set as low as possible)
Boost Duration 60 minutes

Last edited:
So after that long digression, back OT.

Now that I’ve narrowed down my requirements to 150V (or >110V) and 60A, here is the current status of the market as I see it;

First-Tier
-Outback Flexmax 150V/60A $375
-Victron Bluesolar 150V/60A $490
-Morningstar TriStar 150V/60A $510
-Schneider/Xantrex 150V/60A $525
-Victron SmartSolar 150V/60A $540
-Midnight Classic 150V/96A $700
-Magnum MPPT 190V/100A $875

Second-Tier
-Epever 6215AN 150V/60A $240
-WZRELB 170V/60A $200
-Sigineer/iPanda/PowerMr 150V/60A $192
-(Epever BN series does not offer 60A)

In terms of the intended title of this thread, which should have been ‘[b{Best Bang-for-the-Buck MPPT Charge Controller for LiFePO4[/b]’, I’m continuing to evaluate all three 2nd-tier models, defining the Gold Standard by the Victron Bluesolar, and looking more closely at the Outback Flexmax (best deal among the top-tier models).

The Midnight Classic and Magnum MPPT look like wonderful products for large arrays and are a relatively good value in terms of First-tier $/A of charge capacity (especially the Midnight Classic) but neither fits my particular need for two more modest-capacity charge controllers due to challenges with partial shading.
stay away from epever,their software is horrible

I have been running a Morningstar Mppt for about 12 years now without a burp. They have very low operating consumption and very high reliability.

I have been running a Morningstar Mppt for about 12 years now without a burp. They have very low operating consumption and very high reliability.
I've only been running mine for 7 years, but with similar findings and results.

Back