diy solar

diy solar

Best portable solar 200w portable panels for Anker 767 generator

cyclingdiva11

Hi,

I am new to using a solar generator and have been doing a lot of research!

On Monday I plan to buy an Anker 767 Powerhouse Generator - it is the first day it will be available and I have a $400 off coupon. It will be used for car camping, charging my e-bikes (2 x 500w batteries) on trips, and back up for storms at my house. The XT-60 port of 767 PowerStation can accept 1000W maximum input; It accepts 11-32V/10A, 32-60V/20A input.

For solar panels, which brand do you recommend and why?

Anker has confirmed that all of the below panels are compatible. I have come across 4 options and will buy 2-4 panels. I want panels that are waterproof. I'd like to spend less, and want dependable panels that will last. Today's prices are:
I appreciate your insights, especially if you can get me your opinion by Sunday!

Thanks,

Sarah

For the price of the Anker unit and the fact it is not ready yet, I would check out the Ecoflow Delta Pro. I think you will find the Delta Pro has some better specifications. One thing I didn't see on your Anker Link is what type of battery chemistry this 767 uses...

FYI. I saw a deal on the Ecoflow Delta Pro for $2199 refurbished. An unaffiliated link on eBay. I personally bought one of their refurbished units about 6 months ago at a deal that was $600 more and was very happy with my unit. Later I connected to my unit via Home Assistant and discovered it had very few cycles before I bought it. So I feel people's worries of getting worn out batteries is not warranted with the lifespan of the Lifpo4 batteries. It is a bit bigger if that is an issue.

I've gone over the specs of the Anker 767 and their solar input specs make it hard to max out their controller to the 1000 Watts indicated without buying their own branded solar panels. Their solar input specs are really dialed in to supporting their own 200w panel's specs which have a 57.6 Voc and 4.17A Isc which perfectly aligns with the 60V and 20 Amp max input specified for their controller. Trying to get close to 1000watts of input with "generic" panels will take a good deal of hunting to find panels with the right voltage and current to match their specs. If you aren't worried about attaching 1000 watts of solar then any of the panels you listed will work as long as you don't buy more than two of them. The Rockpals also might be the only panel listed besides the Anker panel that will come with a connector to fit the 767. The others you will likely have to do some work to get an XT60 connector on to them.

Last edited:
Thanks @opi! I bought the 767 with the 2 × 200 W panels from Anker. It is supposed to take 5.7 hours to charge fully with the 2 × 200w panels and I am going to start with those as they may be all that I need. I also agree that it is difficult to find panels with the XT60 connector, and even more difficult to find extension cables for XT60, as I have only found 10 foot length cables on Amazon. I'd love to have 30 feet if you know where to get them ?

Back