diy solar

diy solar

Best Settings for Growatt SPF 5000 ES ?

Dalank

Hello Pro's
I have Installed a Growatt SPF 5000 ES + 4 AGM VRLA Batteries + 5x535 watts Bifacial PV I know I have to add more panels later or sooner but at the moment I have everything running well and sufficient for me, what is your suggestion or the best setting I may change to make my system going better for my batteries and why sometimes using like 2.4 amp loads at night I woke up and my batteries still 100% then it drops suddenly to 25% !!?

Did you charge the 12V individually before putting them in 4S for 48V?

Program the Growatt to charge and float in accordance with the battery specification.

To my knowledge, the Growatt uses voltage to report % charge. This is a completely worthless way to determine SoC in an active system. The voltage to % SoC relationship is only accurate if the batteries have been completely at rest for several hours (no charging or discharging). In other words, the % should be ignored.

Did the drop to 25% occur concurrent with firing up a coffeemaker or other load?

Did you charge the 12V individually before putting them in 4S for 48V?

Program the Growatt to charge and float in accordance with the battery specification.

To my knowledge, the Growatt uses voltage to report % charge. This is a completely worthless way to determine SoC in an active system. The voltage to % SoC relationship is only accurate if the batteries have been completely at rest for several hours (no charging or discharging). In other words, the % should be ignored.

Did the drop to 25% occur concurrent with firing up a coffeemaker or other load?
No only normal loads no more 2.0 amp i keep checking the app for percentage it goes from 100 to 50 sometimes to 25% tested all batteries before connecting togetherall have the same percentage

No only normal loads no more 2.0 amp i keep checking the app for percentage it goes from 100 to 50 sometimes to 25% tested all batteries before connecting togetherall have the same percentage

Again, % SoC is a horribly gross estimation.

"tested all batteries before connecting togetherall have the same percentage." = "No. I didn't."

You should break the bank down and charge 12V individually to full.

Can i still do it now ? As i told you each battery gave 12.* % before connecting them

Back