diy solar

diy solar

Best small, low resource inverter?

Yeah, you can even have both charge controllers feeding the same 12v battery circuit (with the Harbor Freight battery being the default battery always connected), which you can also jump to your motorcycle battery when you want... And run any accessory load off the battery circuit.
Not sure i'm following you.. are you saying have both charge controllers run off the incoming solar feed? or run the 2nd (smaller) controller off the load or battery side?

Not sure i'm following you.. are you saying have both charge controllers run off the incoming solar feed? or run the 2nd (smaller) controller off the load or battery side?

No, not on the PV side, those would have to be on separate solar strings, but the battery side can bridge (parallel), they'll just both help charging on a single battery bank and come to to float and rest there together...

I'm looking for reccomendations for a small inverter, that will be used 24/7 (in a solar shed project). Im powering one 30watt led motion sensor light and a battery tender brand 1.25 amp moto smart charger. Very small load. Right now im using a 300w pure sine inverter but i have to turn it off its drawing so much power at idle (im still working on sizing up the system, but for now its overkill). I'd like something in the 120w area that is resource light and safe to run 24/7.
Thanks for your recommendations.
1.25amp motor is means 150W,and motor starting power is always higher than its rated power,so please keep your current 300W pure sine wave inverter. I guess 150W inverter is not enough for your motor.
0.3amp noload current is very low,why not adding a battery?

1.25amp motor is means 150W,and motor starting power is always higher than its rated power,so please keep your current 300W pure sine wave inverter. I guess 150W inverter is not enough for your motor.
0.3amp noload current is very low,why not adding a battery?
Not necessarily… he said 1.25A charger… not motor. 1.25 charging amps could be only 17W… depends on what the 1.25A is.

I found 12 volt motion sensors on Amazon for around $10. they work very well, I have multiple wired in my perimeter alarm (intruder alarm) using multi strand low voltage wire, some quite distant from the intruder alarm panel. 12 volts out and alarm contacts back in common 4 wire low voltage cable, none have failed in several years use.

Not necessarily… he said 1.25A charger… not motor. 1.25 charging amps could be only 17W… depends on what the 1.25A is.
Correct.. i'm using this deltran charger running of my inverter:

it charges a separate, motorcycle battery. That battery has nothing to do with the solar setup

and as pointed out earlier, i have the solar charge controller for motorcycle batteries that i USED to use with a small 20w panel:

Its been suggested that i could ditch the above plug in charger, and just wire the solar controller directly to my solar battery and motorcycle battery.

Back