Best way to configure six 310watt panels

wkyongae

Back ground,
I have a 24 volt system
Flexmax 80 charge controller 150volt max 80 amp
Samlex 4024
Trojan 6 volt 336ah fla batteries
6 Paimer 310watt panels configured in 3 series then parallel the 2 strings

So my question is this the best way to get the most out of my panels.

You’ve already Set it up 3S2P, so best I can recommend is looking at a link in my signature block to see the best angle.

Also, there is a max charging amperage. For my Trojan’s its 13%, which if the same for you and its a 336 ah 24 volt bank, that’s 43 amps. I don’t have your panel specs, but this max amp output from the panels is exceeded, there needs to be a limit on the SCC to keep this from happening. This is also battery charging amps, not amps from the panel. My VIctron limits amperage, but can push .1 amps more. ENough to trip a BMS.

Depending on power needs both don’t need to be oriented the same way. It could be one facing south for best throughout the day, end then another to the South East to start current flowing earlier.

Thanks, I had hoped I set this up right. I never consider using much of the battery bank. I have my inverter set to alarm at 25.5vdc measured from inverter remote control. That way my batteries get very light use, never high amps on my charge controller, and I can top off batteries with a 2000watt generator in the evening and morning thru the inverter to get our refrigerator and 2 freezers doing their thing once the sun comes up I make the switch to solar. I run my panels at 55 degees all year. Best performance in winter worse in summer but then lots of sun shine summer not so much in winter. Spokane Washington area.

Last edited:
Back