diy solar

diy solar

BEST WAY TO CONNECT THESE JEHU GARCIA LIFEPO4 50Ah BATTERIES.

schmenkee

I know the guy has done tons for the community but am I asking too much?

SUPER NEWBIE DISCLAIMER:
At $99 for a 50Ah battery without a BMS, I jumped at the chance to pick up some cheap batteries for powering my RV 12v system. However, the batteries don't come with diagrams or documentation on how to connect the BMS.
  • Has Anyone had luck connecting these as a newbie?
  • I'm not even sure if his suggested BMS connects with the 16 pin ribbon he suggests ( attached pic)
  • What gauge wire to connect the 2 batteries together?
  • Do the screw terminals really have 25% more power than XT90 connections?
Any simple-easy-to-follow help for this tech illiterate newbie would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks kindly.

JEHU LIFEPO4 BATTERIES

Attachments

• JEHU BATTERIES.jpg
    JEHU BATTERIES.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 13
I know the guy has done tons for the community but am I asking too much?

SUPER NEWBIE DISCLAIMER:
At $99 for a 50Ah battery without a BMS, I jumped at the chance to pick up some cheap batteries for powering my RV 12v system. However, the batteries don't come with diagrams or documentation on how to connect the BMS.
  • Has Anyone had luck connecting these as a newbie?

Never seen 'em before.

The presumption is that the 16 pin port connects to the individual cells. You could VERY CAREFULLY probe the pins with a voltmeter. It is critically important that you don't short two pins together with the probes, or touch the probes together when in contact with pins.

• What gauge wire to connect the 2 batteries together?

Gauge rated to handle the anticipated current. Consult an awg chart.

• Do the screw terminals really have 25% more power than XT90 connections?

According to the labels, yes. While the XT90 connectors are rated for 90A, it's likely that something in the circuit connecting the XT90 to the main terminals can't handle 90A. If you watched the video, you'll see the XT90 connectors get extremely hot.

Any simple-easy-to-follow help for this tech illiterate newbie would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks kindly.

JEHU LIFEPO4 BATTERIES

Back