diy solar

diy solar

BESTEK 500W Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter

Ranch

Will recently made a DIY milk crate generator using a Bestek 500w PSW inverter. I'm thinking about buying one but I have a question. There's a YouTube video where the guy uses an oscilloscope to test the waveform on this inverter. The waveform is good with no load but has "ripples" when he loads it.

Does this mean the inverter is not really a pure sine wave like the guy in the video say's? Is this inverter okay to use on electronics and equipment with motors? Thoughts on this is appreciated.

I just replied in another post about possibly using one of these to power the AC brick (400W) of a Bluetti AC200. I guess a test is in order. Will need to wait 2 weeks till im back at home.

LOL! If BESTEK claimes that it is Pure Sine Wave, they need to go find new OEM.
I know I am late to this but I have their little 300 watt pure sine wave inverter and I like it. It was scoped (not by me) and the waveform did not look bad even under load.

Someone posted a review on Amazon and the waveform of the 500 watt inverter is very good compared to the photos posted above...but it was with no load.

Back