diy solar

diy solar

Beware @Michael B Caro

My faint recollection is that it was not so much about price in some of these transactions as it was about convenience and simplicity.
It wasn't as much about the price as it was about dealing with a single person for the transaction who seemed to have experience dealing with Ali*** whatever vendors. The part that drew myself and many others in was not having any experience with foreign purchases. And the supposed "group buy" seemed like a way to limit risk.

Sure it’s price , you could buy battery from AWS and they would show up , and be all good .
It not they would back there product .
There is now way to make China liable. They don’t care ?‍♂️

UPDATE......from Steve Lehto’s YouTube page....

UPDATE: I HAVE SPOKEN WITH THE WOMAN IN THIS STORY AND BoA HAS AGREED TO TAKE THE MATTER UP IN SUCH A WAY THAT IT IS NO LONGER HER CONCERN

With big banks you need STEVE LEHTO on your side

One thing many may not be aware of is paypal's Friends and Family money transfers. As a "public service", paypal does not charge to make payments under this feature. However, there is no recourse for anything that goes bad.

If you use pay pal and pay them with your VISA card then in that case it is up to pay pal to resolve any dispute, not your credit card company. You will have relieved your credit card company of any responsibility by that transaction. To get full credit card company protection pay with your credit card. Do not use pay pal in a two step payment plan, you will find your credit card company far simpler to deal with. After all you probably use your credit card far more often than you use pay-pal, your credit card company will value your business far more than pay-pal will.

No I’ve been following it for a while .
I’m sure the guy ment well but things are not normal any where , it’s been hard to get any thing out of China
People have been working 2 days a week
The have no power to run the businesses
And no power for heat .
It is what it is
I’m sure the guy meant well but there is nothing he could do ??‍♂️
Yes I have been hearing a lot about this. The coal shortage that is due to Chinese Government trying to save face against Australia is causing massive power shedding in the manufacturing sectors. Sometimes even when you have power and can build your product your still out of luck because one of your major suppliers has no parts due to the same issue. It's dog eat dog now in China as everyone scrambles to make some money. So be really careful about buying stuff that does not have a reliable US based distributor.

The coal shortage that is due to Chinese Government trying to save face against Australia is causing massive power shedding in the manufacturing sectors
When the news was talking about ChinaGov advising citizens to stockpile food for a hard winter I didn’t find ‘planned indicators’ being discussed. At this point that sentence and a couple of other things “known now” confirm my gut that “they” knew something.
They planned to shoot themselves in the foot while letting the rest of the world just deal with the wake? I guess.

Last edited:
They (the chinese) shot themselves in the foot.
Very funny we apparently wrote the same thing at the same time.

Personally I applaud Australia in that. They had an answer. The USA is less able to ‘answer’ than Australia but still…
We should tariff China more; they are unable to “answer” other than podiatrillic projectile acceleration.

They (the chinese) shot themselves in the foot....lol

And who invented the gun powder? :ROFLMAO:

The USA is less able to ‘answer’ than Australia but still…
We should tariff China more; they are unable to “answer” other than podiatrillic projectile acceleration.

Rather than "fair trade" or other such deals, I'd like to see "balanced trade", to include international payments on bonds.
Basically "Cap and Trade" of trade. You can't send a dollar overseas unless you buy the right from someone who received a dollar from over seas.
Elimination of federal deficit, to the point of paying down national debt. Elimination of trade imbalance, reversing what accumulated from history.
Exports would become a hot commodity, because they enable imports. Imports would be selected for value, those worth buying import rights for.

(Compare THAT to California paying foreign automakers $10,000 bonuses for crippling hybrid cars so they fit under an arbitrary bar that keeps their usability close to that of shorter-range all electric cars.)

Compare THAT to California paying foreign automakers $10,000 bonuses for crippling hybrid cars so they fit under an arbitrary bar that keeps their usability close to that of shorter-range all electric cars.
I am not sure I understand that math? Are you talking about CARB payments? As far as I know a California auto manufacturer (Tesla) receives large payments from domestic and foreign manufacturers who do not meet CARB standards.
What does a crippled hybrid look like?

Last edited:
Elimination of federal deficit, to the point of paying down national debt. Elimination of trade imbalance, reversing what accumulated from history.
Exports would become a hot commodity,
I’m a little ok with trade imbalances Adam Smith-wise. But the national debt and economics manipulated to offshoring formerly domestic products are MAJOR problems.
Nationalism in most aspects isn’t unjust or morally deprived; you can’t give away the essence of your personal economy at home- why is it acceptable for the government to do that for you? (Or to you, maybe is better stated)

I can see an American manufacturer building LFP batteries here in America, there is much interest in California and Canadian Lithium mining here, Tesla may well be a big player in this field as they are in the 21700 cells that they make for the Tesla vehicles sold here, Tesla has matched and exceeded the Japanese companies in manufacturing the 18650 cells and really popularized the 21700 cell format.

I am not sure I understand that math? Are you talking about CARB payments? As far as I know a California auto manufacturer (Tesla) receives large payments from domestic and foreign manufacturers who do not meet CARB standards.

Not finding the references now, but I think it was a BMW that got reprogrammed for US market so less that all the gas tank could be used, limiting ICE range to less than all-electric range. And, ICE couldn't start until battery so low it was insufficient for helping with hills.
That qualified it for large incentives. Maybe these were funded by CARB sin taxes?

An un-crippled hybrid would have been more usable, could have racked up more all-electric miles vs. people buying a different car or driving their other car for some trips.

That BMW I3 with the motorcycle engine was not a big player. Tesla has received huge payments from foreign and domestic manufacturers that far exceeded anything that BMW received. BMW most likely paid back that money for all their non CARB compliant cars.

The Chinese started a pissing match with the aussie’s over the aussie wine doing very well in China taxing the wine at a very high tariff without realizing that most of their coal and iron ore comes from Australia. The aussie’s retaliated by restricting Chinese access to coal and iron ore. They (the chinese) shot themselves in the foot....lol
That is not the way I heard it went. This is pretty much the way I heard events played out.

The Chinese did this to themselves.

That BMW I3 with the motorcycle engine was not a big player. Tesla has received huge payments from foreign and domestic manufacturers that far exceeded anything that BMW received. BMW most likely paid back that money for all their non CARB compliant cars.

Kinda like my income & property taxes vs. solar rebates.

The dog lady here with 40 acres (Arizona?) paying $35/year taxes and a couple solar panels is much better off.

Back