diy solar

diy solar

Beware @Michael B Caro

And I ran a collection agency for 8 years. I knew more about landlord tenant law and FDCPA, and had more court time, than 90% of the lawyers in the country. :LOL:
And yes, most debtors will settle before any kind of court appearance.

If the offending party came on here they could clear up a lot of confusion

Michael got burned and some folks got burned along with him. Welcome to the reality of dealing with China. It sucks for all involved but coming on here and making individual cases public will only fan the flames. PayPal really doesn't give a rats tail, people who used friends and family forfeited their only recourse for a small percentage in savings. I'm not defending or condemning anyone... just pointing out facts. I used to eat junk debt buyers for lunch by the way.

When you make a contract with one person, does it matter what the reason is on why they broke the contract? If indeed Michael did get the big shaft, that is the cost of doing business. You got to know your suppliers.

I do not believe most people care about why I did not fix there problem. The fact is, it's not fixed. Either give them their money back or make it right. If you cannot, explain you can't but you will. Even if you return $10, that is something. $10 a week is $520 by the end of the year. People may think you are a bad person, but they could never say you stole from you.

I think that is what most people are thinking. Communicate and make it right. Most people will work with you.

Michael got burned and some folks got burned along with him. Welcome to the reality of dealing with China. It sucks for all involved but coming on here and making individual cases public will only fan the flames. PayPal really doesn't give a rats tail, people who used friends and family forfeited their only recourse for a small percentage in savings. I'm not defending or condemning anyone... just pointing out facts. I used to eat junk debt buyers for lunch by the way.
What makes you think he got burned? Could it be that he burned us? For instance, the batteries I received are clearly not new (shipping damage apart). Could it be that was what he ordered?

I have no skin in the game on this , but it2022 almost , people are going out of Business all around us.
Things in China are not good they just don’t have it like we do .
The government says that you must close down and stay in your home . Period ended
There is no recourse , people have been locked down and can’t go to work .
Now they have power outages so every thing is open just 2 days a week .
It’s impossible to do Business 2 days a week ?
My daughters family sell Wholesale tires in China that ship every where in the world and they can’t do Business
even if they had some product to ship , there are no ships to send them on , or trucks to carry them once they get here ?
I have a friend that lives in Turkey and buys and sells bulk textiles , he buys from China and sells all over the world
and his deliveries are 6 Months out , and the cost of deliveries have gone from 3500 $ to 70,000 in some cases .
I’m sure this is the problem
I’m sure mike had the rug pulled out from under him , just saying ?

I have no skin in the game on this , but it2022 almost , people are going out of Business all around us.
Things in China are not good they just don’t have it like we do .
The government says that you must close down and stay in your home . Period ended
There is no recourse , people have been locked down and can’t go to work .
Now they have power outages so every thing is open just 2 days a week .
It’s impossible to do Business 2 days a week ?
My daughters family sell Wholesale tires in China that ship every where in the world and they can’t do Business
even if they had some product to ship , there are no ships to send them on , or trucks to carry them once they get here ?
I have a friend that lives in Turkey and buys and sells bulk textiles , he buys from China and sells all over the world
and his deliveries are 6 Months out , and the cost of deliveries have gone from 3500 $ to 70,000 in some cases .
I’m sure this is the problem
I’m sure mike had the rug pulled out from under him , just saying ?
Let's say you are right, how is that the concern of your buyers?

Last edited:
Exactly! It's not the buyers fault.

When Mike started, he thought he could make some money. He should have thought, what happens if it goes bad? Can I make it right? If he did not have an answer for that, then he should have never started playing the big boy game.

L

That’s almost comical. It’s a concern cuz it’s why they didn’t get their products. But they should be refunded their monies nevertheless.

I have a domestic manufacturer we’ve dealt with for a couple of decades for custom printed foam beverage cups. We sell in hospitality and financial services sectors. In the last quarter this year they announced 25% price increases, double leadtimes, but accepted orders ahead of the increases.

After another couple of months they canceled all the pending orders and said they weren’t accepting any until they could stabilize production - supply chain, raw materials costs, and labor, we’re all factors.

They simply announced NO PRODUCT, no substitutions, no solutions. You’re out of luck.

This is a huge corporation with multiple manufacturing plants around the country, crippled to its knees. And lot of furious and bewildered consumers.

But what? They replied to their clients, gave them a reason, and stopped taking orders. Are you saying Mike did all these? According to what I've read, that is not the case.

Again, most of us get it. Times are tough. Running a business is not always a money maker. That does not give you a pass to take people's money and not make it right in the end. Nobody want's excuses.

What makes you think he got burned? Could it be that he burned us? For instance, the batteries I received are clearly not new (shipping damage apart). Could it be that was what he ordered?
I am confused here too,

Did MC take payment and ordered cells which never came to state side? Then he could bump his payment and get his $$$ back and make his customer whole.

The $$$ amounts involved makes any fraud a felony in most states. so this gets serious pretty quickly.

I find it exceedingly ODD that NEWBS without knowledge of the entire "Mis Adventure" pop in here making all sorts of statements and claims, even with Racial Undertones...

So this has become a defamation thread with Postulation, Theorization, Conjecture. peppered with Stereotypes with Racial Undertones.

GUESS WHAT, There are Bad, Miserable & Untrustworthy Vendors & Suppliers in EVERY NATION GLOBALLY ! Broad Brush Blanket Statements are the tools of "you know what". Next time you say "That is what you get for dealing with the Chinese" Test that statement and swap in "Jews, Blacks, Indians, Americans, French, Germans, Women or Gays etc". take your pick.

If people KNEW that Mr Caro was, either Black or Hispanic or Polynesian or Italian then the RACE Game would be far more prevalent too, obviously.

Guess what, those KRAP does no good for anyone other than OUT morons who do not deserve to be helped. Nor does it help this site, its purpose or it's intentions... To that END, Don't be surprised if Legal Papers get filed against the site because of this KRUD ! DOES ANYONE THINK OF THAT ? Even worse with that "What do we do about Micheal Caro Thread... THAT IS FODDER for a Lawyer... and EVERYONE KNOWS how American's Love to Sue & their Lawyers are Rabid Dawgs that should all be put down.

Let us hope that COMMON SENSE & DECENCY KICKS IN Before Will get's served Legal Papers demanding compensation and site shutdown. Think About It !

It’s not , but I’m sure the orders got away from him and if he could make it right he would
every one wanted cheep battery’s and they should know it was a risk
a buddy bought a bunch of battery’s in January and they came in may . He was lucky some are not .
you just can’t print money I’m sure he has to pay to arrange shipping and it is gone .
I see this every day now . Deal with China and you take the risk .

I suspect many of these "new" members posting trash are actually old members hiding behind a new profile. The admins will eventually have to start checking ip addresses and shutting down multiple accounts.

I am not sure on your thinking here. this wasn't a group buy. i could see if it was and dealing with china was dealing with china. He was selling cells as the middle man. he was taking a profit. that is business at that point he is now ripping you off. people paid for a cell and he didn't deliver. i wouldn't expect an online company to email after the sale and say that the manufacturer isn't shipping it ,so your screwed.
He wasn't selling cells, he was acting as an agent for folks who were intimidated by the Chinese business practices to order cells from China.

Exactly! It's not the buyers fault.

When Mike started, he thought he could make some money. He should have thought, what happens if it goes bad? Can I make it right? If he did not have an answer for that, then he should have never started playing the big boy game.
I think this is obviously the issue...

He saw a business opportunity using the "forums" good will he had built up to create a business. It did not start out as a business but an actual "group buy" that he thought he could evolve.
Once he decided to switch to "big business" mode he started to book large orders by dipping into customers pre-paid funds on the "expectation" of his profits. He played loose with committed funds that were suppose to be dedicated.

simple put, He started to use money from current customers to finance purchases from previous customers and he got caught up in bad situation. as it was all based on the illusion of high profit margins so he could pay back the, "loans" he made on the pre-paid accounts.

He did post that he would "make things right", and as this involves 10's of thousands of dollars, well, I am one of those that planned to get a lawyer involved when he went silent. He did start posting again that he was trying to do the right thing so I decided to wait before pulling that trigger (already waited 9months what are a few more).

It’s not , but I’m sure the orders got away from him and if he could make it right he would
every one wanted cheep battery’s and they should know it was a risk
a buddy bought a bunch of battery’s in January and they came in may . He was lucky some are not .
you just can’t print money I’m sure he has to pay to arrange shipping and it is gone .
I see this every day now . Deal with China and you take the risk .
How cheap are these batteries exactly? Assuming they are half the normal price, should we not get the "cheap" batteries we paid for? Should we blame ourselves for wanting "cheap" batteries?
For instance, I purchased 16pcs 302Ah grade A batteries but got used, damaged cells instead.

I don’t know how cheep they are ?
I would of never bought them at this time With every thing going wrong ?
but I have a lot of outside insite with what happens in China and shipping problems .
I’m not saying you should not get your battery’s as promised , and I’m not saying you should not be compensated .
but I’m sure every thing got pinched off at the last minute with out warning ⚠️.
Now They can’t really get material to build battery’s , and if they did there is no
meaningful manufacturing going on , thinks are just dying .
So if the people that made his battery’s took his / your money and folded there is no recourse ?
I’m sure mike is not a bazillion air and just selling battery’s for the fun of it .
I think hes trying to make a living like the rest of us ?
how would he pay every one back with out a income , how is he going to get your battery’s to you
If he can’t get them shipped from the people that took the money ? Hmmmmmmm
It’s a big sxxx sandwich and every one is getting a bite . I’m a lead acid guy ?

you serious? Let us hope that COMMON SENSE & DECENCY KICKS IN Before Will get's served Legal Papers demanding compensation and site shutdown. Think About It ! ???
i don't want this site to continue if it is going to encourage people to get ripped off. if we have to ignore people losing thousands of dollars so you can get good info on solar? what value does the site have then?
really that sore ?
wow

I suspect many of these "new" members posting trash are actually old members hiding behind a new profile. The admins will eventually have to start checking ip addresses and shutting down multiple accounts.

We already do that. That's how several shadow accounts from vendors (and the vendor themselves) got banned.

Let us hope that COMMON SENSE & DECENCY KICKS IN Before Will get's served Legal Papers demanding compensation and site shutdown. Think About It ! ???
i don't want this site to continue if it is going to encourage people to get ripped off. if we have to ignore people losing thousands of dollars so you can get good info on solar? what value does the site have then?
Have you read the posts Will has made about this situation?

Back