diy solar

diy solar

Beware @Michael B Caro

Does anyone have an update from the yahoo group that he started to deal with this issue? I believe you had to be a customer with problems to join. It would be nice for people that have received a refund to inform this site. Perhaps there's some progress being made.

simple put, He started to use money from current customers to finance purchases from previous customers and he got caught up in bad situation. as it was all based on the illusion of high profit margins so he could pay back the, "loans" he made on the pre-paid accounts.
That seems backwards. It's the previous customers who started paying Michael right after Chinese New Years for Lishen 271s that can't get their money back now because their money is being used to cover PayPal disputed transactions from the June'sh CALB 271 orders that went tits up.

Michael B Caro said:
So today I spent hours emailing back and forth and finally was told a way to look at ALL of my transactions, and the payments, over $30K worth, were sitting right there and had been for a while. The stinking supplier had not gone in and done what is called a supplier match.
IMO, this ^^ is where the Titanic left the port. Placing $30K of CALB 271 orders without having "double the funds" on-hand in the event most of the orders would get screwed up by the supplier and customers would want refunds before the supplier/Alibaba refunded the original money is the iceberg that sunk this ship.

still crazy to me that people are defending him in the thread warning people about him
There are a lot of people on this forum, including me, who received quite satisfactory cells from Michael for a long time before the SHTF event. My EVE 230 cells arrived in perfect condition in August, right about the time the CATL disaster began. I think a lot of long-time forum members recognize that and are willing to give him credit where credit is due. This is not an apology for the current situation, but it may explain why not everyone is as militant about this situation as you are.

i am missing your point. i wasnt giving him a long term review of his company. I am pointing out more than a dozen members here have been ripped off by this guy and members defend him like you just did. do we need to compare every good one to bad to get a ratio ? or is there a percentage you would be ok with? 50/50? 75/25?
I think you are mistaken, I didn't defend anybody. I just stated my experience and suggested that perhaps others with a similar experience, or those who observed the other successful transactions over a long period of time, may not see his motivations the same way you do.

Micheal B was logged in earlier today but i looked for new postings by him and saw none, but at least he is reading. I would not want to be in his shoes.

still crazy to me that people are defending him in the thread warning people about him

I was responding to your comment, and attempting to kindly explain to you why not everybody may think it's as crazy as you do. If you want to interpret that as a "defense", then by all means you do you. Go in peace, I'm out.

you serious? Let us hope that COMMON SENSE & DECENCY KICKS IN Before Will get's served Legal Papers demanding compensation and site shutdown. Think About It ! ???
i don't want this site to continue if it is going to encourage people to get ripped off. if we have to ignore people losing thousands of dollars so you can get good info on solar? what value does the site have then?
Almost every product based forum has a sell and Trade section. People get ripped off all the time and no it's not the forums responsibility to police every transaction and they cannot be held accountable for Transactions you make with other members. I think Will has made his dislike at what has happened very clear. Are you expecting him to personally reimburse people for Transactions they make?

you are posting on a thread about to beware of a member that has ripped dozen other members off. and you are sharing positive experiences.
You posted a few days back that you 'had sent money in march and got back in April having figured it would be a scam'.

So you joined the forum in January, sent money to Michael in March, figured out that it was a scam and got a refund in April, don't post a damn thing about the matter until December, and now your posts make it seem like you're here to personally carry the cross for everyone who may lose money?!

Seems that if you were really concerned about protecting people from a vendor pulling a scam, this would have been your passion back in April, when you figured it out. Not December when every thread Michael was in has had warnings in them for the last several months.

you are posting on a thread about to beware of a member that has ripped dozen other members off. and you are sharing positive experiences. you did
I also had a very positive experience with Michael. I am not defending him and there is plenty I don't like about what's happened including some of Michael's words posted on this forum. However, I do not believe he intended to rip anyone off. And I do believe he is sick about what happened. I hope for the best for all those concerned.

Also this is a forum and with every forum there will be good and bad. I think the good of this forum very much heavily outweighs the bad.

he hasn't shipped orders that where placed more than 6 months ago.
The orders from six months ago that didn't get shipped were for Lishen 272 cells. Orders for other cells were shipping. The reason he said his Lishen orders weren't shipping (Lishen wasn't moving cells in China) was vetted out by several members, noting the other sources were also unable to ship Lishen orders.

Seems like a high percentage of the folks that got burned with the poorly packed CATL 281 orders were folks that switched their order with Michael from the non-shipping Lishen 272s to the CATL 281s.

So if Michael's intent was to scam folks by taking taking and holding their money indefinitely while baiting them out forever with stories of why their order wasn't shipping, why the hell would he let them change their order to a product that actually shipped? He had to send their money to China for that to happen. He encouraged folks to switch away from the Lishen cells to another brand of cell, or ask for a refund. That makes zero sense for someone who's trying to play folks here as fools.

Last edited:
you are right he should be promoted on this site as a sponsor and someone to send your money too.
Really?! Not one person here has even jokingly said he should be promoted or should sponsor the site. Forum members here have been posting warnings about this situation for months before you decided to jump on the train.

what is your point? the people that he took money from and didn't get batteries..... then you loose me cant even follow your thoughts .
You're developing a track record for getting lost and not being able to follow thoughts when folks add details to some of the super general stuff you post.

it doesn't sound like a scam to me at all.. oh except ponzy scheme ?
A Ponzi scheme, but just on the folks here trying to order the bigger Lishen cells. Oh, and where the organizer gets to the point where he tells folks to get out of his scheme by switching to cells that are shipping (or asking for a refund). Makes sense now!

Next time you say "That is what you get for dealing with the Chinese" Test that statement and swap in "Jews, Blacks, Indians, Americans, French, Germans, Women or Gays etc". take your pick.
I deal with Chinese suppliers on a daily basis and for me, their ethnicity is not important, but the way they do business is certainly different from the way that we do business in Australia (which seems to be somewhat similar, but not the same, as the way you do business in the USA).

It can be very frustrating, but it's worth remembering that we're playing their game, not the other way around.
We contacted them on a Chinese platform.
So we've got to learn their rules and not just assume they'll play by ours. Their business ethics are different to ours, but that's why you get independent inspections done and never accept an answer that doesn't 100% answer your direct question.

While I agree that there's lots of xenophobia against Chinese around, I also think that you've much more likely to be scammed by a Chinese business than an Australian, American or French business.

so defend his position to me again he doesn't sound like a bad guy at all.
Please don't confuse folks replying to the tone of your posts as folks defending the situation Michael B Caro created. Nobody here thinks it's OK. But it does appear a lot of folks are confused about why you're here posting like you are for the first time, ... eight months after figuring out the scam.

because i am posting in the thread about him ripping people off? i didn't start the tread that's why. so why are you defending his position in the same thread?
So if I don’t subscribe to your mob mentality, I’m defending him? You’re coming across as quite unhinged and I refer you to my prior statement that you need to chill.

“You’re“. I guess I find your anger and vindictiveness a curiosity since you weren’t ripped off.
Yes I am also finding it rather odd.
Typically when someone gets a refund they let just let it go and move on.

Back