diy solar

diy solar

Beware of Docan Technologies (Issue Resolved)

Stormbringer999s

I’m aware that some have had success via Docan, but my experience has been vastly different.
I purchased 4 CATL 302Ah cells, only to receive 280Ah cells, followed by all the excuses under the sun as to why the 280’s would suffice, that they were out of stock re 302’s, that the 280’s were almost 300Ah, and I should be happy with a $33 refund.

Well, I’m not, I’m not happy at all, so I’m escalating via PayPal, hoping for a full refund.

If you had success with Docan, I’m happy for you, but if you are yet to make a decision, my advice, look elsewhere?

Moderator edit:
This issue has been resolved. Here is the update later in this thread
Interesting, I made this post to warn others, after Docan’s response was, in my humble opinion, completely inadequate.

Docan proclaiming that the 280Ah cells were either a better cell, or that they were close to the 300Ah cell, only added to my frustrations.

Unfortunately, half the responses from the community were questioning my motives. I was pissed, and rightfully so.. If I had wanted the 280Ah cells I would have bought them. They seemed to not understand the different between living with the 280’s and wanting the 280’s.

Jenny was not my handler, but I did reach out to her, but as she explained, she couldn’t intervene, it was entirely upto the salesperson to reach an amicable resolution.

I was refunded 15%, which is what I thought was fair. It took a while to get there, and the Docan salesperson, inculding Jenny, seemed genuinely apologetic for the mistake, but as I advised them both, mistakes happen, I get that, it’s how you resolve the issue, that’s key, to ensure the customer, although not receiving exactly what they had purchased, is somewhat satisfied with the end result.

Now that the issue has been resolved, I will be ordering more cells from them in the near future, as the cells themselves are perfect, zero complaints, and yes, I’ll be ordering the 280’s for obvious reason?

Attachments

• 3B6609E2-EA50-4309-9F00-617AA6E66D20.jpeg
    3B6609E2-EA50-4309-9F00-617AA6E66D20.jpeg
    205.7 KB · Views: 196
  • 7D03F973-F93A-4C74-B4E9-EF099FA3CB8C.jpeg
    7D03F973-F93A-4C74-B4E9-EF099FA3CB8C.jpeg
    280.9 KB · Views: 195
Last edited by a moderator:
I’m aware that some have had success via Docan, but my experience has been vastly different.
I purchased 4 CATL 302Ah cells, only to receive 280Ah cells, followed by all the excuses under the sun as to why the 280’s would suffice, that they were out of stock re 302’s, that the 280’s were almost 300Ah, and I should be happy with a $33 refund.

Well, I’m not, I’m not happy at all, so I’m escalating via PayPal, hoping for a full refund.

If you had success with Docan, I’m happy for you, but if you are yet to make a decision, my advice, look elsewhere?
I love the way that the Chinese vendors (from 7000-9000 miles away) tell YOU what YOU will be happy with. They have done this to me many times. Get your money back!

I love the way that the Chinese vendors (from 7000-9000 miles away) tell YOU what YOU will be happy with. They have done this to me many times. Get your money back!
i am amazed at the new, and one time messages popping up here bashing a supplier who have a seeming very good reputation here..

seems to happen more and more, almost as if bashing folks steers them to local businesses

Depending on your location, look up the "BAIT AND SWITCH" laws, they may apply in such a case Depending on where you are.

i am amazed at the new, and one time messages popping up here bashing a supplier who have a seeming very good reputation here..

seems to happen more and more, almost as if bashing folks steers them to local businesses
Having dealt with Jenny buying 4 catl cells recently she couldn't have been more professional, checking afterwards that they turned up and everything was OK. little info here to go on but this does sound a very different experience ...

Last edited:
I have made multiple purchases through Jenny Wu @ Docan with no issues other than the cells arrived quicker than her estimate. Says nominal capacity 280ah on second screen shot.

Last edited:
Says nominal capacity 280ah on second screen shot
The first screenshot is what OP added to his cart and paid for. The second screenshot appears to be the results of a QR code decode from the cell's he actually got.

It does appear he paid for 302Ah and got 280Ah - I'd be pissed too.

2018 is rather old, is that the correct date code?
Certainly is out of character from what I've heard of Docan.

Did you have them shipped in from China? $114/cell is too low, even for Docan. This has to be plus freight.

@Stormbringer999s I've purchased twice now with zero issues, many other members have purchased a heck of a lot more than me with 0 issues...
Let's see some more evidence to back up this claim, screenshot of an order doesn't do much for me.
What invoice are you using for your PayPal claim? Share that, with your info edited of course. Who did you interact with at docan? Let's see both sides of the conversation.
I'm not trying to defend docan, just tired of seeing so many that are so quick to jump in and point out negatives without any follow up or validation... It's the unfortunate world we are in I suppose.

First post is this?

Why no reference to DOCAN in the images?

Why is capacity listed as 310 and 320?

Who was the order placed with?

Just saying. I've never ordered from them. But they do have some 400 and 320 amp-hour cells listed. I saw at least two other people posting about getting bloated cells from Docan.

Back